LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,633 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 06:28 AM

I get a kick out of the fact that not one single study will point out the fact that there is about 5.5 billion too many people on this planet. If a person has a problem with modern agriculture, then they should realize they are part of the problem. And rather than wasting money doing a useless study, maybe they should consider a more immediate, non-repeatable solution.

I'm not going first. You do it!  After we have been warned about meat, does eating it now constitute a suicide attempt?

Global warming is nothing but a scare tactic of the government.

So, are you telling us that the polar ice cap is not melting. Are they faking the pictures?

• Cat385B and toppop52 have said thanks

#47 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,484 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 06:34 AM

Yes, the polar ice caps are not melting abnormally. The Antarctic had record ice coverage over the last several years. The reason they're calving is because they're so large they extend into the ocean and break off.  We've had multiple warmings over the last few million years, including the Medieval Warming, which was much warmer than now, why is this one, and it alone, caused by man? Common sense folks, use it or lose it.

• Bolens 1000, grnspot110, backwoods and 4 others have said thanks

#48 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,734 Thanks
  • 1,728 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 10:12 AM

Find me Sourced facts that global warming isn't true.

I'm not going to argue about this it's pointless.

• Cat385B and boyscout862 have said thanks

#49 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 10:39 AM

Yes, the polar ice caps are not melting abnormally. The Antarctic had record ice coverage over the last several years. The reason they're calving is because they're so large they extend into the ocean and break off.  We've had multiple warmings over the last few million years, including the Medieval Warming, which was much warmer than now, why is this one, and it alone, caused by man? Common sense folks, use it or lose it.

Agreed!

Only things that are telling us we are all doomed is computer models with 50 year projections, computer models that cant even predict tomorrows weather , let alone the next 50+ years........

Earth has warmed and cooled in a cycle for thousands of years ......

• grnspot110, backwoods, EricR and 2 others have said thanks

#50 devans OFFLINE  

devans
  • Member No: 68585
  • 367 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 01:06 PM

I don't think you'll believe this but here's something. 

http://www.forbes.co...ding-after-all/

And about the author.

http://www.forbes.co...es/jamestaylor/

Scientists have been doing core studies of artic ice for many decades and have logged all kinds of things we know about, Mount Vesuvius erupting and destroying Pompei for instance. They have found volcanic ash in the ice from that event. They have also been able to determine that ice cap melt offs have happened every now and then throughout the life of this planet. They're findings, it's perfectly normal for the ice caps to recede and grow now and then throughout history based on the temperature of the earth. This temperature by the way is also affected by the earths position in our solar system. There are times when we are closer to or farther from the sun. And I'm not talking about the yearly winter/summer cycle.

Don't get me wrong I think as human beings we're not doing our planet any favors but I don't believe the sky is falling. 

• Bolens 1000, grnspot110, backwoods and 1 other said thanks

#51 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 05:26 PM

I have a friend who works with someone who believes all things Gore without question.
One day, this gent walked into the office with a glass of water in his hand and set it on the desk... My friend made a panicked noise, jumped up on the chair and started carrying on that they were all doomed.

The guy asked wth is wrong with my friend... Eventually, my friend explained that when the ice in that glass melts, that everyone in the building would drown... Or at least they all would if it was polar ice...

One of the funniest ways I've ever seen someone learn a lesson in reality.

I'm not saying that temps aren't fluctuating, but one scientist says up... The next says down. When I was a kid, the scientists were screaming about a new ice age, then about the increase in temps that would make alligators indigenous to PA, then the warming thing again, then they were proven wrong and temps were going down... Now it's just global climate change in an attempt to be on both sides of the fence and thereby always right.

I've seen 45 winter, spring, summer, fall rotations. Enough to know that the weather is fickle and has its own agenda and couldn't give a rats rump about us. That while we may have some minuscule effect, it is bordering on narsisiscm to believe we are really a factor.
As I'm getting older, i plan to I enjoy each perfect sunny day, and try to enjoy the cold and wet ones. I hope to remember what a blessing being alive is and hope to participate in many lively debates, but no longer seek arguments.
May I be so bold as to suggest that we (myself included) all attempt to enjoy the diversity that makes each day unique and look for the animals in the cloud shapes. Myself, I'd rather have my imagination see a bunny and a cow than the four horsemen.

Edited by MH81, October 30, 2015 - 05:30 PM.
Removed possibly incorrect info

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, grnspot110 and 8 others have said thanks

#52 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 05:42 PM

Well said Alan!   :rocker2:   I figure man has little to do with it, but definitely does negative things to our world.  But like you, debating is for politicians, and I can live without their arguing as well.  Me, I'll be happier talking tractors & joyous things.  

• Bolens 1000, grnspot110, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#53 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 06:28 PM

Wow this went all over.

Meat, cow farts, global warming, ice caps.

#54 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • 3,484 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 07:27 PM

Nobody said we don't have warming, of course there's climate change, it's real, ongoing and natural, not man made. And you're correct, arguing is pointless because nobody can explain why this warm spell is man made when all the others were well before the industrial revolution, therefore not man made. Climate change is very real and very natural, carbon credits aren't.

Edited by toppop52, October 30, 2015 - 07:28 PM.

• Bolens 1000, grnspot110, LilysDad and 2 others have said thanks

#55 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,633 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 07:50 PM

Nobody said we don't have warming, of course there's climate change, it's real, ongoing and natural, not man made.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. There is slush as the North Pole. How it got that way is beside the point. Now before someone starts throwing rocks, can we go back to discussing whether insects are red meat?

• adamjd200 said thank you

#56 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,858 Thanks
  • 3,195 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 01:46 AM

My unbiased opinion? "They've" got to theorise and publish to justify their existence and ready access to taxpayers money. Makes us think they're  earning their keep. Frightened people seldom think, they react and seek protection. Keep us scared and we tend to do what we're told. Big Brother will protect us if we obey.  :D      ( Hogwash---- what will happen, will happen, in my estimation)  And we've all got to remember, meat causes cancer, lol.

• Bolens 1000, grnspot110 and shorty have said thanks

#57 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,544 Thanks
  • 3,929 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 04:29 AM

. Now before someone starts throwing rocks, can we go back to discussing whether insects are red meat?

I know that my hands are no longer steady enough to dissect an insect. So it is up to you to dissect and report back on the meat color. And the fat content.... And are they organic fed..... And is it feasable to consider making a meal from them.

• grnspot110, LilysDad and oldedeeres have said thanks

#58 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • 3,484 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 08:22 AM

In past history there was a large eruption of edible insects, I think it was called Cricketoa... :smilewink:

#59 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 09:07 AM

Couldn't have said it any better than Alan.  

• MH81 said thank you

#60 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,858 Thanks
  • 3,195 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 11:15 AM

Don't know if insects are considered red meat or not, but I do recall something about the federal food and drug department allowing four parts per million of insect parts in raisin bread. Isn't that reassuring?