#16 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,753 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 05:36 PM

Excellent timing on this article, my buddy has to re-stock his 500 head feed lot in the next month. AAMOF, he may be responsible for this article! Cheatin' bassturd!

I forgot the cross reference chart, so someone help me out here. It's an even # day in an even # month, so are eggs and coffee bad or good for you today? What about tomorrow? Which one switches on the days and which one on the months?

That's why I stick to cigarettes and Mountain Dew for breakfast. I know where I stand.
  • Bolens 1000, hamman, backwoods and 2 others have said thanks

#17 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,685 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 05:50 PM

I pretty much agree with everyone's assessment, but let's not over react. Some food is not good for us. That is why we are a nation of over weight people. Much of our food has too much sugar and too much fat. Eating meat is just fine, but it doesn't hurt to avoid overly fat meat. If you can get wild game that's even better. As was mentioned, bacon and lunch meat with chemicals and nitrates are pretty much bad stuff. Now if you can find someone that smokes their own bacon or stuffs their own sausage, then that's different. See, it's not the food that's bad so much as the way modern producers are making it.

Did you see the other story on the internet where they tested a large quantity of hot dogs of different brands for bad juju. Besides vegan dogs that had meat in it and chicken dogs that had pork; some 2 1/2% had human DNA in it.

• hamman, boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#18 Bill 76 ONLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,060 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 06:43 PM

I agree with the above , it's all the crap chemicals some of the raisers feed em and processors put in em .I get my chickens from a gal that lets them roam free and feeds them real food,after I started getting chickens from her I can't eat the crap from the store.

Edited by Bill 76, October 26, 2015 - 06:45 PM.

• hamman, boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#19 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 08:26 PM

It is all about Junk Science and Money. Unless scientists can come up with some far out theory, they do not get grants to do very little.
I heard a scientist say that anyone can publish a paper on a theory. If another scientist does not disprove that theory in 20yrs., it is accepted by the science community as fact and taught as such.

I agree if you eat enough meat it will kill you. So will anything else. So use your own judgement as to how moderate you eat.

Edited by JD DANNELS, October 26, 2015 - 08:30 PM.

• Bolens 1000, oldedeeres and Bill 76 have said thanks

#20 zippy1 OFFLINE  

zippy1
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 50881
  • 610 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 12:11 AM

The majority of our meat and poultry comes from the back 40, not all of it, but most.

As the ole saying goes, you are what you eat, and I'm pretty much fat and flesh :thumbs:

• Alc, jpackard56 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#21 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,061 Thanks
  • 787 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 01:48 AM

I look at it this way.

If you believe in God, creation, and the bible, God told Adam that it was OK to eat the animals and the plants..

If you believe in evolution man evolved as an omnivore that eats meat and plants.

I'm not going to allow some self-loathing, perpetually unhappy bunch of vegans dictate what I eat.

Vegan: Old Indian word that means "poor hunter".

couldn't have said it better, Pass the A-1 Please.

• Alc, backwoods and oldedeeres have said thanks

#22 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 03:14 AM

Boy the farm stand is going to be busy this weekend LOL .
  • Alc said thank you

#23 kellerman88 OFFLINE  

kellerman88
  • Member No: 69470
  • 137 Thanks
  • 75 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 07:35 AM

I like my cancer with A1 sauce and a baked potato on the side.

• Gtractor, backwoods and karl have said thanks

#24 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 07:44 AM

We have known for decades that the added food additives given to beef, foul and swine has had the potential for cancer causing agents to be present in our processed meats. I remember my dad saying back in the 60s ans 70s that the way the farming and government regulations were going that there would be problems from the invention and limited testing of additives used for fattening of cattle, chickens, turkeys and pigs. It's all about the amount of food that is processed how much can be gotten from a pound of anything we produce in America.                                                                            Roger

This is what I thought when I read the article.

#25 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 09:38 AM

I've known that meat causes cancer for a long long time, this is old news. It is all the junk they feed and shoot into the cattle, hogs, chickens and ect. Yes "god" may have told Adam to eat meat, but at that time there wasn't feed lots full of shot up half dead cattle that they haul around on forklifts because they can't stand, and they also wouldn't of been eating meat by the tons like we do now days. They also said in the '50s that cigarettes are recommended by doctors and help asthma.  Sometimes the facts are right in front of us and we need to face reality that things aren't the same anymore.

The cattle industry is also most of the problem with global warming, I do my part, I don't eat any meat or any animal products, we also don't spray or use any chemicals on our farm.

#26 zippy1 OFFLINE  

zippy1
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 50881
  • 610 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 11:09 PM

"The cattle industry is also most of the problem with global warming, I do my part, I don't eat any meat or any animal products, we also don't spray or use any chemicals on our farm."

How pray tell is the cattle industry "most of the problem with global warming?" Especially when the global warming fiasco is nothing more than another government scare tactic... Really?

Edited by zippy1, October 27, 2015 - 11:11 PM.

• Bolens 1000 and karl have said thanks

#27 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 11:15 PM

"The cattle industry is also most of the problem with global warming, I do my part, I don't eat any meat or any animal products, we also don't spray or use any chemicals on our farm."

How pray tell is the cattle industry "most of the problem with global warming?" Especially when the global warming fiasco is nothing more than another government scare tactic... Really?

I think it was a joke directed towards the large amount of methane release by cow herd flatulence. ..

#28 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 11:41 PM

Eat right, exercise, die anyway! All things in moderation my friends. About the only thing I can think of to do safely in excess is to enjoy life .
  • EricR and Bill 76 have said thanks

#29 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,061 Thanks
  • 787 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 04:31 AM

Haven't you Heard the lattest Bull? Cattlel farts! yes cattle farts are one of the key players in warming the plant. Carbon credit farce! Cattle fart assessment tax on price per pound of beef. where does the taxation end, with the imagination of greed? look up in the sky at the GEO engineering going on and tell me about planet warming.

Edited by karl, October 28, 2015 - 04:32 AM.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#30 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 08:08 AM

Haven't you Heard the lattest Bull? Cattlel farts! yes cattle farts are one of the key players in warming the plant. Carbon credit farce! Cattle fart assessment tax on price per pound of beef. where does the taxation end, with the imagination of greed? look up in the sky at the GEO engineering going on and tell me about planet warming.

I guess that explains all the cold weather we have had since the millions of Buffalo were killed off on the plains.
  • Bolens 1000, oldedeeres and karl have said thanks