Garden Tractor Forums banner

look what i found

2K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  johndeereelfman 
#1 ·
i was out trudging around at my friends dads place and i came across these the tractor is in pretty rough shape but everything is there. he told me i could have it if i wanted it i also found a plow with the sleeve hitch attached to it still :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
WOW!!!! Great find Toter, Get em while you can, they are going away in a hurry. Excellent find on that plow and hitch, I find a lot of tractors like this, but finding a plow is really rare. They are small, and easy to load up to go to scrap.

#3 ·
Awesome score, especially being free. Looks like the 110 just needs a grill. Like George said it is hard to get the sleeve hitches and plows without spending a good bit of money. :thumbs:

#5 ·
Great find !!!!!! The 110 looks to be a 1973-74. The coulter that is missing from the plow is not that big of deal. You may still be able to get it from Brinly I am not sure. Most people at plow days usually take them off anyway to keep from plugging up. It will work without it, just will pull harder and your furrow won't look as nice. You also could make your own coulter and bracket.

#10 ·
its a 110 i believe a 73 the motor turned over by hand. now i just have to get it home :) as its in okahoma and i live in iowa guess ill get it when i go down in june to visit my folks. got the plow strapped to the back of the sleeper on my semi just had to get it home asap so i could play with it..

#18 ·
No it would not be me. Newton used to have a John Deere Store, and the Van Wall Group has a store in Colfax, 10 miles west. There is also a Tractor Salvage Yard in Colfax,though they have no GT stuff.
There are a lot of John Deere machines in the area. There are a lot of retired guys in Newton, who buy up all the cheap ones and fix them up or sell parts(You have to get up pretty early in the morning to beat them to the good stuff). So while I too see the listings on C list but it could be a number of people and I don't know who?

#21 ·
just a note on the hp, that retired small engine guy said the old stuff has more low end power, more torque, said the newer engines use rpms to make power as they have to run cleaner.

told me to repower my bolens at 14hp, i would need a 23 hp or more to match the power from the old engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.