• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 tater195 OFFLINE  

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,252 Thanks
  • 895 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 10:31 AM

I took a car in to get inspected one time. The guy said "every thing passed but the front brake pads are borderline and need to be replaced". My condensed/ censored for profanity reply was " I just replaced those last night...." Then I continued to question his ancestry, IQ and sexual preference long enough to clear the waiting room. Now that I think of it... that place is no longer in business also

Edited by tater195, October 26, 2015 - 11:53 AM.

• dthomp17, oldedeeres and Diesel1050 have said thanks

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,417 Thanks
  • 4,883 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 10:50 AM

Many years ago. just after I retired from the Navy, I needed to replace 2 tires on my truck.  $$$ were tight so Pep boys had a good special on tires.  I went in and bought 2.  When they took the truck back to mount them low and behold they came back with a laundry list of repairs for well over a grand.  I told them mount the tires or give me my money back.  They mounted the tires.  I have never stepped foot in a pep boys again!  That store is now closed.

A while back the wife bought a set of firestone tires. When she bought them she had the front end aligned and everything else checked.  About 3 weeks later she had to take it back for some reason and the tech comes out and tell her the front end needs alignment.  By the time she was done with the tech and manager they were offering her all kinds of free services and she had cleared the show room of potential customers.  Not the first time she had done that.  Shortly after we were married, we were looking at a new car.  We thought we had the deal done. The salesman had gone to get the deal approved, so I went to the restroom.  When I came out the wife was chewing the salesman out up one side and down the other.  He had come back with a completely different deal approved.  She cleared that showroom as well.

Any way these businesses can get one over on you they will!  You always have to be on the guard.

your wife sounds like my coworker's wife, she is viscous when it comes to stuff like that. They bought cars from a dealership whose owner she grew up with. They bought a car, they gave her $2K for her trade in. They had to go back a week later for something, the salesman ( nephew of owner-future  manager) said, you could buy this one pointing at her trade in. How much she asked, $5K he stupidly told her. She marched right into owners office and after a good ear chewing,  he then turned to his nephew and told him how stupid he was. I don't think they have bought another car from there.

• wvbuzzmaster, HDWildBill, EricR and 2 others have said thanks