Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted October 25, 2015 - 02:57 PM

Probably will be a fan for life. Not having cable I do not get to see as much as I would like.

Liked it better when it was stock car racing. Today's cars are spec cars hand built right down to the stock appearing bodies.

No cable here either. I am listening on MRN.com (Requires flash player) and watching the in-car on http://www.nascar.com/racebuddy .  

• Alc and MFDAC have said thanks

#17 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted October 25, 2015 - 06:18 PM

Watched the whole race.  What a crazy finish that was.  What would it have been if NASCAR had not changed this race to one Green/White/Checker?  Completely different from just running for points.  Next week we do it all over again and drop 4 more.  Lagono's luck is about to run out I have a feeling.

• Alc, JD DANNELS and MFDAC have said thanks

#18 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,450 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted October 25, 2015 - 06:31 PM

I got busy and didn't even have a radio on . Do they do rebroadcasts anymore ? 

• MFDAC said thank you

#19 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 25, 2015 - 06:59 PM

Watched the whole race.  What a crazy finish that was.  What would it have been if NASCAR had not changed this race to one Green/White/Checker?  Completely different from just running for points.  Next week we do it all over again and drop 4 more.  Lagono's luck is about to run out I have a feeling.

I agree that he is pushing his luck and someone is going to take him to school.
Soon, I do not know? Revenge is best served cold.
  • MFDAC said thank you

#20 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,028 Thanks
  • 1,123 posts

Posted October 25, 2015 - 09:58 PM

Was a real nail-biter right to the end and it may not be over if they find evidence that Harvick deliberately caused that second incident to alter the outcome because of his sickly engine. I'll get to a Logano perspective later!

I got busy and didn't even have a radio on . Do they do rebroadcasts anymore ? 

Here is a link to Jayski's NASCAR TV site. It has everything related to the sport in eastern time zone of course. Looks like NBCSN will replay it at noon eastern tomorrow.

http://www.jayski.co...vision-Listings

I agree that he is pushing his luck and someone is going to take him to school.
Soon, I do not know? Revenge is best served cold.

I've never really figured out why for sure certain guys get hated when they win quite a lot, but it has happened as long as I can remember like with D.W., all they way up to Logano but that's what makes things interesting! Far as I'm concerned with Matt Kenseth and Logano last week that's the price you may pay blocking a car that is obviously faster. I have always liked Matt but that's part of the risk. I wish Dale Jr. could have won it, but my main guy, Martin Truex Jr. advanced. I have been following FRR since they came on the scene 10 years ago. Here's a pic of my wife and I at the FRR shop in Denver. CO in 2011 after Regan Smith got the first win for them at Darlington.

DAC

Attached Thumbnails

• Furniture Row Racing Shop 024.jpg

Edited by MFDAC, October 25, 2015 - 10:00 PM.

• Alc said thank you

#21 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,450 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 05:16 AM

Thanks for the link :thumbs:   I think I'm the kind of fan that got left behind when they stopped putting it on regular cable onto channels that I can't get ( we have different "tier" cable options and I'm above basic but not at the top ) I'll see if I can get some racing in before the end of the season or at least a replay .  

• MFDAC said thank you

#22 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 07:30 AM

I used to be, but when Dale died, took some of the excitement out for me. I still watch when I can, but I am usually busy when the races are on so I can only catch here and there. I gotta figure out now what to do with all these diecast my inlaws used to buy me, bet I got 40 or 50 cars in a box in the basement.

#23 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 08:00 AM

I used to be, but when Dale died, took some of the excitement out for me. I still watch when I can, but I am usually busy when the races are on so I can only catch here and there. I gotta figure out now what to do with all these diecast my inlaws used to buy me, bet I got 40 or 50 cars in a box in the basement.

I hardly qualify as a fan compared to my brother. He records every race and has satellite tv.
He has a job where every third week he could be called out on a job, or met have a grandkids soccer game to go to.
  • Alc said thank you

#24 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 08:09 AM

I am not a Logano hater. In fact I have liked him since I saw him race in person here in Newton at Iowa Speedway his last year in the ARCA series. What happened last week would have been a racing incident till he started talking too much.
Then yesterday he dived down from the third lane and cut Kennsett off going into the pits.
  • MFDAC said thank you

#25 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 935 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 09:49 AM

Harvicks excuse for not being able to run faster than pace lap speed.... " a busted exhaust or something" 

I think his arm itched and he needed to scratch it. When cheating pays alot more than just racing for points, and NAPCAR is selective on how the handle stuff like this, it is only getting worse every year until they dump the chase format

#26 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,028 Thanks
  • 1,123 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 04:37 PM

I am not a Logano hater. In fact I have liked him since I saw him race in person here in Newton at Iowa Speedway his last year in the ARCA series. What happened last week would have been a racing incident till he started talking too much.
Then yesterday he dived down from the third lane and cut Kennsett off going into the pits.

I hope you will accept my apologies, JD DANNELS, I didn't mean for my post to sound like I was calling you a hater, but it sure came out that way! I was clumsily trying to refer to the reaction of the spectators when guys like Logano win, and failed miserably. Ok back to the thread!

DAC