• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Manfjourde OFFLINE  

Manfjourde
  • Member No: 74288
  • 78 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted October 24, 2015 - 08:54 AM

I found this semi locally and the guy sent some pics which are pretty poor quality. He is going to try to go back to his property for better pics.

Any chance you guys can tell the year from pics? He's asking 1000 and I told him 700 site unseen would be my max considering gas. I've got s friend who lives close to his property and said he'd check it out for me and get some more, better quality pics and try to fire it up. Thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

• johndeereelfman, backwoods and Buddy have said thanks

#2 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,604 Thanks
  • 3,752 posts

Posted October 24, 2015 - 09:24 AM

My money is on 1965 and this is why:

- bolted on foot rests

- the serial tag is mounted high on the pedestal and looks like the style for a 65 from the pics

• Buddy said thank you

#3 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,604 Thanks
  • 3,752 posts

Posted October 24, 2015 - 09:26 AM

There are some additional things that concern me from the pics:

- clutch pedal is down

- missing the deck/tiller lift arm

- does it run??

All that being said, the price seems way to high for a '65/66/67 in that condition even with the tiller.

Edited by Trav1s, October 24, 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#4 Manfjourde OFFLINE  

Manfjourde
  • 78 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted October 24, 2015 - 12:53 PM

Good to know thank you. I noticed the lift arm is missing. Why is it bad for the clutch pedal to be depressed? I felt it was a bit high too but I don't see these often around here. I'm not sure if it runs, I'm hoping my friend can give it a shot at running. You think I ought to hold off for something better? Getting a 110 RF is my goal.

#5 Manfjourde OFFLINE  

Manfjourde
  • 78 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted October 24, 2015 - 12:57 PM

Another guy has had this up for a while asking 700. This is the only pic I have and hope to check it out soon. Same question on the year if you can help.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

• johndeereelfman and Buddy have said thanks

#6 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,604 Thanks
  • 3,752 posts

Posted October 24, 2015 - 03:14 PM

That is a '63 or '64 from the 3lug rear hubs. Prices vary - earlier commands more $

Edited by Trav1s, October 25, 2015 - 09:07 PM.

#7 Manfjourde OFFLINE  

Manfjourde
  • 78 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted October 24, 2015 - 03:31 PM

Well I checked out the second one and it has been painted over and missing the serial tag:(

The engine wasn't stuck but it needs a good amount of work.

#8 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 24, 2015 - 03:43 PM

Both tractors are 1964 model years. However, if you bought both tractors, you would have the lift handle for the first pictured tractor, as the variator handle on the second tractor is a lift handle. If the second tractor would have been a first year 1963 tractor, without the serial number plate, the tractor isn't worth more than $1,500.00, as that is what you'd be able to get out of it if you part it out. 

As for pricing on the first tractor, to me $700.00 is too high for the condition. It's missing a couple of pieces plus not knowing if it runs, I would offer the guy no more than $500.00. Is the rototiller being included? The rototiller has both, the left and right hand extensions, so that's a plus, although these old tractors have to work hard in order to drive both extensions at the same time. How about a mower deck?

As for the second tractor, I'd pay no more than $400.00 on this one, and that's only because of the rear hitch being included. They sell easily for $300.00 just themselves.

Good Luck! 

Edited by johndeereelfman, October 24, 2015 - 04:41 PM.

#9 Manfjourde OFFLINE  

Manfjourde
  • 78 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted October 24, 2015 - 04:30 PM

The tiller is included but no mow deck. Would 500 be for the tractor and tiller not knowing if it runs? I'd probable sell the tiller as I'd prefer a deck or push blade.

I looked up the hitches and saw that they fetch a good price but the guy was firm on the price despite me pointing out the work it would need. Oh well.

I'll post pics soon of the one with the tiller. My friend is checking it out right now. If it runs would you still say 500?
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#10 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 24, 2015 - 04:39 PM

Yes, $500.00 for the first tractor with tiller. You should be able to sell the tiller on ebay for at least $200.00. So that leaves you with a $300.00 tractor. As long as the motor isn't stuck, you'll be able to get it running. These old Kohlers are hard to kill. Shopping ebay with a little patience, will eventually find you the generator/starter belt guard, the lift handle, as well as the PTO guard. HAPCO reproduction parts has the original mufflers and decals. All in all, I think once the tiller is sold, you'll have a good tractor to start playing around with. 

If the seller of the second tractor isn't going to budge, then let him keep it. 

Edited by johndeereelfman, October 24, 2015 - 04:41 PM.

• Manfjourde said thank you

#11 Manfjourde OFFLINE  

Manfjourde
  • 78 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted October 24, 2015 - 05:36 PM

Thank you! Okay I just got off the phone with my friend (auto mechanic) and he said the it was a little slow to crank and it sputtered initially but then pulled the plug and tried and no spark (coil) so he discussed that with the guy. He said he took a lot of pics and will send them tonight when he's back home with internet. He told the guy that if he was buying it he would offer him $400 and the guy said he didn't want less than 700. I'll check out the pics, upload them here and see what you guys think and maybe offer him 500. If it had a mule drive could I sell that too if I sell the tiller?

#12 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 24, 2015 - 07:03 PM

The mule drive, or intermediate drive, that is on the tractor should be kept, as you'll need it if you ever purchase a mower deck for the tractor. The intermediate drive does not have the tiller pulley attached to it, so you won't have to remove anything. If it were me, the tiller would be the only to sell. I'd keep all of the rear lifting pieces, as they are required if adding a rear hitch to the tractor, that is if you ever find one that isn't over priced!

Looking forward to better pictures. If you need anything else, don't be afraid to ask. 

#13 Manfjourde OFFLINE  

Manfjourde
  • 78 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted October 25, 2015 - 05:13 PM

Well my friend hasn't sent pics yet but the seller just did. Here are some. He says he has it running and will send a video later of it.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

#14 Manfjourde OFFLINE  

Manfjourde
  • 78 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted October 25, 2015 - 05:25 PM

Here are some vids

Attached Files

#15 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 25, 2015 - 05:26 PM

The serial number confirms that it's a 1964 110. Doesn't sound too bad and I didn't see any smoke, so that's a plus!  :thumbs:

Edited by johndeereelfman, October 25, 2015 - 05:28 PM.

• Trav1s and Manfjourde have said thanks