• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 08:04 PM

Oh yeah, I like shopping.
When does that happen?

Twice a yr search Burls Creek swap meet you find it.
It really is something to see if you never been.

#17 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 08:13 PM

Hey Doug, that is awesome. I didn't even think about my Electric ATV project that is in the gutter some until now. Wonder now if one of those dandy motors isn't my solution for it. Sure saves a lot of wiring and controllers mess, and then cut out a battery on the machine. Do those motors go backward if polarity is swapped?

I don't know about reverse on 6volts it draws an awful lot more current with wires switched as if something wrong, don't want to try it on 24volts. Said something in there web site about extra wires for reverse.
I think these are scooter motors or maybe for something a little bigger.
The 2hp rating??? the power lead wires are to small to carry 60+ amps that would be needed for 2hp 1500watts, the wires that are on it maybe 1/2 that, 25, 30 amps.
Lots of times you see small wire leads on motors, maybe they act as a resistance to high current draws to protect the motor???

#18 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 08:15 PM

41st Anniversary Fall Barrie Automotive Flea Market

Sept. 8,9,10,11, 2011

29th Spring Barrie Automotive Flea Market

June 2,3,4,5, 2011

#19 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 08:18 PM

41st Anniversary Fall Barrie Automotive Flea Market

Sept. 8,9,10,11, 2011

29th Spring Barrie Automotive Flea Market

June 2,3,4,5, 2011

That's the one and I'm going in June.

#20 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 08:32 PM

I don't know about reverse on 6volts it draws an awful lot more current with wires switched as if something wrong, don't want to try it on 24volts. Said something in there web site about extra wires for reverse.
The 2hp rating??? the power lead wires are to small to carry 60+ amps that would be needed for 2hp 1500watts, the wires that are on it maybe 1/2 that, 25, 30 amps.
Lots of times you see small wire leads on motors, maybe they act as a resistance to high current draws to protect the motor???

The wires on scooter motors are usually 12 or 14 gauge braided which is good for more amps, but generally you aren't drawing max amps all the time.

#21 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 09:54 PM

I think I'm going to try one of these motors on the Electric Sears I have, might be a good upgrade to it.

#22 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • Member No: 3755
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted July 14, 2011 - 09:51 PM

I got 3 of these motors a couple yrs ago, thought that they would be good for electric mower deck motors, 3 blade deck, 1 for each blade.
The problem is that they don't work, I tried hooking them up to a 6volt batt. and they seem to draw power but don't spin.
The red and black wires a double and soldered together, the smaller wires???
Label on it says 24volt DC, they turn smooth and free but don't spin when I hook up power to them.
Anybody got any ideas here or did I buy 3 burned out motors.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13243[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13244[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13245[/ATTACH]

I would really like to put together a mower deck for the Electric Massey.

http://kellycontroll...otor-p-736.html Check out this website, It looks like you may have brushless dc motors. I stuck with brushed dc motors because they are a lot easier to understand for us electrical rookies . brushless motors take a particular type of controller to work and they are outside of my cranial capacity.

Edited by rexknightly, July 16, 2011 - 06:59 PM.

#23 mchi OFFLINE  

mchi

• Member No: 6145
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted September 09, 2011 - 09:57 AM

The 2hp rating??? the power lead wires are to small to carry 60+ amps that would be needed for 2hp 1500watts, the wires that are on it maybe 1/2 at, 25, 30 amps.

It will be a high temperature wire. #12 with a 90c insulation can handle 20A continuously where a 200c insulation can handle 40A continuously.
I did some looking on the internet and I think that you will need a hall effect throttle to get these motors working. I looks like some of the wires are used for breaking, battery indication and possibly motor speed. You should only need 3 of the wires to get them going. I searched for a "6 wire throttle motor controller". I hope this helps.

#24 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 09, 2011 - 09:48 PM

I bought a hand twist throttle for this motor, hope it's the right one, 0 to 5k, and I plan one getting 2 sealed 34 amp/hr batteries and a mountain bike, yes I going to try to make a Mo-Ped.