• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oepirate OFFLINE  

oepirate
  • Member No: 76591
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted October 23, 2015 - 10:42 AM

Hello folks.  Just got a 1971 MF from Dad and working to get it running.  Engine is great.  Body is great, but...

The right blade on the deck is slipping and it looks like a bad shaft and spline coming out of the gear box.  Online searches reuslt in very little info on where to find parts (or salvage them) so does anyone have pointers?  Is it feasable (or cost effective) to have my local machine shop try to fab them new?  If I end up creating where can I go to share any CNC files we generate so others can use?

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,534 posts

Posted October 23, 2015 - 11:50 AM

First, Welcome to GTT. Second, check with our sponsors for the needed parts. Third be patient, give our members some time to answer this inquiry. Fourth, you may be able to get the part made but, I've had good luck with welding up the worn shaft and remachining it. Bearings and seals are usually available from NAPA or a bearing distributor(in most big cities).

Post pics of your project and problem. Good Luck, Rick

#3 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted October 23, 2015 - 02:42 PM

I have a couple of the 710 decks here and also some of the parts new. Send me a pm or give a call and we can see what all you need.

#4 Sconte OFFLINE  

Sconte
  • Member No: 79085
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted December 26, 2015 - 06:09 PM

I have a 710 deck complete I would be willing to sell. I have no need for it. Stored inside. Excellent condition.
  • limebuzz said thank you