• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 10:57 PM

We are going to fire the Wilesco tomorrow.

Neat to see it run.

You've got a nice stationary there, be interesting to see the generator powering stuff.

• bbuckler said thank you

#32 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 2,087 Thanks
  • 1,890 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 11:12 PM

We are going to fire the Wilesco tomorrow.

Neat to see it run.

You've got a nice stationary there, be interesting to see the generator powering stuff.

I still got to find the right belt if this one don't work I'm going to order a dc motor for rc car and try,

#33 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 678 Thanks
  • 234 posts

Posted January 08, 2016 - 06:04 AM

Its here 
https://www.youtube....h?v=TgIW_7YVf5k

Looks almost identical to the one I got as a present nearly 45 years ago. Mine has a different safety/fill valve on it- otherwise identical.

The fire pot is stuffed with cotton that I was taught to soak in Methanol and light with a common kitchen match to provide heat under the boiler. The directions are long gone, but I recal setting the end of the baseplate on the fire pot to get the right head space when filling the boiler. Do you still have the fill funnel? I still have mine. My fill funnel is red plastic and nearly perfectly Colorado matched to the red baseplate.

Last I checked they are still available from Mamod in England. Wilesco (out of Germany?) and Jensen (from the NE States?) have similar products. A new engine like the one in the video is just over 100$ U.S.
  • MH81, Alc and bbuckler have said thanks