power king economy 2414

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 barcusp OFFLINE  

• Member No: 76227
  • 4 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted October 22, 2015 - 12:52 AM

New power king/economy tractor owner was found in a brush row . Having trouble getting a year and or serial number. If anyone could help me identify this rust bucket ?it would be a help to restore this. Thank for any help.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0046.jpg
  • IMAG0049.jpg
  • IMAG0048.jpg
  • IMAG0047.jpg

• Gtractor, boyscout862 and Paulgo have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,457 Thanks
  • 6,346 posts

Posted October 22, 2015 - 03:18 AM

Now THAT is really grown in!  That is the older style loader that "Hangs" off the frame on front and back areas, has the big hydraulic tank with valves on top. Front wheels seem changed, bigger tires, probly cause of the loader and hard to steer like they are. What engine is in that? Doesn't look like usual Kohler or at least not a PK one with that big oil fill tube out side?? No starter on block?? Hand rope start then? Center pan been cut out to get at trans as they lock up when worn or other things and is PIA to remove all the tins to take top off it to fix. I would bet trans and rear gears and bull cases have water in them and should be drained and refilled, maybe even flushing out first. Is it all stuck tight? Were you able to roll it on trailer or have to slide rear axle/wheels?  Is there a sticker on top of dash or front of hood with serial number still on it?  Any tag on trans bellhousing with info? Don't think it is old enough for that tag tho.

• boyscout862 and barcusp have said thanks

#3 Alc OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,278 Thanks
  • 6,482 posts

Posted October 22, 2015 - 05:08 AM

Wonder if you could find an engine # and maybe at least get a year . It doesn't look like it has a starter/generator but maybe that would be a clue on the year also .  Good luck !

• barcusp said thank you

#4 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,137 Thanks
  • 2,268 posts

Posted October 22, 2015 - 05:48 AM

I put this in your other thread but I don't know if you saw it.  There MIGHT be a serial number scratched onto the TOP of the frame UNDER the sheet metal where your left foot sits.  Some tractors had that, some didn't but it would be worth looking.

• Alc, KennyP and barcusp have said thanks