Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Is Briggs and Stratton 8hp 190707-1190-01 carburetor suppose to have needle valve seat?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 75344
  • 10 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted October 21, 2015 - 12:26 PM

When I took the carburetor apart I noticed there was no needle valve seat.  The plunger tip though has what almost feels like a rubbery feel that is somewhat pliable. 

The engine manual I have does not show a needle valve seat either.

The Briggs & Stratton 394698 Carburetor Overhaul Kit Replaces 299852 for this motor I saw on Amazon does not have one either. 

Is this normal?

We are having problems with gas running out of the carburetor after it sits for a day or so and the fuel is not shut off at the carburetor or is this normal? 

My son and I are just starting out restoring a early 70s New Holland S8 which has the above engine in it.  I believe it's a replacement engine.

#2 bhts OFFLINE  

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,412 Thanks
  • 2,113 posts

Posted October 21, 2015 - 03:55 PM

There is a seat in the carb. It is a rubber material in the bottom of the hole for the needle. From the sounds of it I would say the seat has lost it use over the years from gas. The seat is not shown in the brake down but comes in the complete kit for the carb and also comes in the needle kit. Send a pm or give me a call I have the complete kit and also just the needle kit in stock.

• BMW1 said thank you