18 replies to this topic

#16 KBuzz OFFLINE  

KBuzz
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 77146
  • 47 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted November 04, 2015 - 05:29 PM

Well I messed with it a bit and I think it is something like a carb issue. I tightened the throttle cable but now it doesn't adjust to full throttle. It makes it about half way. I'm not sure what would happen if i forced it but I wasn't ready to find out yet lol. However if I push on the throttle leg on the carb that old dog still has a lot of bite! Now I don't want to blow the thing up, but it seems like with the lever stopping at around 1/2 throttle, that's exactly what it seems to be running at. I don't know maybe the cable is kinked somewhere? Now when I say lacking power, I say that because I have seen a 14 fly at top speed! I remember thinking to myself at no time would anyone need to go that fast! However, at the same time why not? lol. Also when I engage the mower, it seems to run a little ruff. Like if it was at a higher RPM it would smooth out. 

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted November 06, 2015 - 10:34 PM

Any improvement on this?
  • KBuzz said thank you

#18 KBuzz OFFLINE  

KBuzz
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 77146
  • 47 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted November 12, 2015 - 06:13 PM

Not much. The throttle linkage has a lot of play in it, I'm not sure if that where is my problem is or not. I need to do some reading before I start fooling with stuff I don't know much about. I also removed the hood and grill so I can start looking into fixing the hood hack job. At first I was planning on using my new MF for snow duty, since it runs. Now im thinking I should turn the major tear down and restore into an inside winter project. 

Edited by KBuzz, November 12, 2015 - 06:17 PM.

• MH81 and propane1 have said thanks

#19 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 06:34 AM

If you can get the power issue found and use her a little, you might be good to find any mechanical issues so you can address them during the refresh.
  • KBuzz said thank you