Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Can a Read Delay Be Added to Email Reads in Thunderbird?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted October 20, 2015 - 07:06 AM

Have not found a solution in the help section of Thunderbird so thought I would see if you smarter guys had figured out how it can be done.  A soon as an email is deleted, the program automatically goes to the next email and marks it as read.  It also marks it as read once the cursor is on it and clicked.  Is there any way to add a delay to this 'marking as read' ?  Several emails are for the Mrs. and I do not want them marked as read by me.  Those are hers to mark as she wants.  We use one email address and have for 20 years and are not going to get a new email for either of us.  Any help is appreciated.

Edited by chieffan, October 20, 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,718 Thanks
  • 4,276 posts

Posted October 20, 2015 - 07:19 AM

I know if you close the email you're reading and then delete, it won't go to the next one. I've neveer looked for a way to stop it from opening the next one when the message is open. Another option would be to flag any emails that are for her and she could remove the flags as she reads them.

• chieffan said thank you

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,604 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted October 20, 2015 - 07:19 AM

Right click over the subject, then click on "Mark", then a few choices appear.  Simply click on "mark unread", then it's in bold letters again.

I don't know of any delay feature.

• DougT and chieffan have said thanks

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted October 20, 2015 - 07:29 AM

Right click over the subject, then click on "Mark", then a few choices appear.  Simply click on "mark unread", then it's in bold letters again.

I don't know of any delay feature.

I am familiar with that operation but if there are 3 or 4 in a row it is a pain to have to go through all that when i could be a simple operation.  One more reason I still like Outlook Express for my email client.