6 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted October 19, 2015 - 07:11 PM

Sunday was our 4 yo granddaughter's first stage "family" performance for her dance class. Of course we were there, front and center. No stage freight with her. IMG_2789.JPG She is in the center wearing pink.

When she tried her tumbling routine her bun on top of her head stopped her form going over. Had to do the elephant walk across the stage. IMG_2793.JPG IMG_2794.JPG

Had a great time and she was surprised as her Mom did not tell here we were going to be there. Went to Pizza Ranch and ate afterwards.
  • Gtractor, MH81, JD DANNELS and 8 others have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted October 19, 2015 - 08:38 PM

Looks like a great way to spend an evening. And next time, she'll know. :D

I got to have a snowball fight with my 5 yr old yesterday.
Part one
Hot cocoa and toast
Part two

It was miraculous.

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted October 19, 2015 - 08:53 PM

When at Pizza Ranch, can you get her to skip the soft serve ice cream machine until she's actually had some salad or a pizza slice or two? Or is she like my children were, and filling a cup before I turn around with the pop glasses?

#4 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 19, 2015 - 09:45 PM

When at Pizza Ranch, can you get her to skip the soft serve ice cream machine until she's actually had some salad or a pizza slice or two? Or is she like my children were, and filling a cup before I turn around with the pop glasses?

What's wrong with that? I go to Pizza Ranch for the soft serve! The pizza and that other stuff on the buffet is coincidental.

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted October 20, 2015 - 06:57 AM

What's wrong with that? I go to Pizza Ranch for the soft serve! The pizza and that other stuff on the buffet is coincidental.

The Ranch we were at did have the ice cream.  Mom made her eat real food first, then came the ice cream.  2 weeks ago she spend the weekend with us.  We made home made ice cream on Saturday afternoon.  She took a quart home with her and mom said it was gone by Wednesday evening.  Now she wants to come stay again so we can make more ice cream.  Personally, I go for the mashed potatoes, gravy and fried chicken.

• Cat385B said thank you

#6 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 20, 2015 - 07:51 AM

The Ranch we were at did have the ice cream. Mom made her eat real food first, then came the ice cream. 2 weeks ago she spend the weekend with us. We made home made ice cream on Saturday afternoon. She took a quart home with her and mom said it was gone by Wednesday evening. Now she wants to come stay again so we can make more ice cream. Personally, I go for the mashed potatoes, gravy and fried chicken.

That is one of the nice things about Pizza Ranch they have some thing to suit everyone.
Our Church Senior Group used to go there every month. Ralph( no longer with us) could put away more fried chicken, than anyone I have ever seen.
As a kid, we had no heater for the cow water tank. So chores morning and night included chopping ice so the cow could drink.
With plenty of milk and cream, and free ice we made ice cream a couple times a week.

Edited by JD DANNELS, October 20, 2015 - 07:55 AM.

#7 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted October 20, 2015 - 10:21 AM

That brings back some memories of our Granddaughter at about the same age in her dance class.  Enjoy them while you can, they grow up so fast. That Granddaughter is now a sophomore in college.  Thanks for Sharing the moment.