• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 rewalter OFFLINE  

rewalter
  • Member No: 79280
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 11:27 PM

You are right about the computer thing.. i bet a lot of guys with Jaques tractors just are not online\computer savvy.  My father in law in southern Massachusetts has a Jaques Mighty Mite and the more rare Jaques Farm King (with the factory Crosley engine) and he has only ever once tried to post\search about the things.   The Jaques Mighty Mites are rare.. but not that rare. i know that just based on serial numbers that i have on file well over 2,000 were made. (i have heard numbers as high as 3k or 5k were made)  

The two other tractors that used the Jaques frame:  the Ottawa Mule team and Jaques-Frazer tractors are so rare in comparison that those guys tend to congregate.  

There used to be a great website with a registry for each of the 3 types. (ottawamuleteam.com) Unfortunately the guy that ran it shut it down or let it expire and most of the info was lost... which is pretty rough.  That Ottawa registry at one point had over 50 Ottawa mule team tractors on it! The good news is that another guy has started up the site again and hopefully the registries will one day be back (although now its a complete rebuild from scratch) 

To that point TBrooks- that Mighty Mite you posted pictures of is gorgeous!.... so many of Mighty Mites are missing their yellow pin stripe (or guys mistakenly paint it white instead of yellow) If its yours, do you mind me asking what the serial number is  if you happen to know the manufacture date (either from the engine serial number or the transmission cast date)?

#17 Tbrooks OFFLINE  

Tbrooks
  • Member No: 61764
  • 405 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted January 02, 2016 - 11:37 PM

You are right about the computer thing.. i bet a lot of guys with Jaques tractors just are not online\computer savvy.  My father in law in southern Massachusetts has a Jaques Mighty Mite and the more rare Jaques Farm King (with the factory Crosley engine) and he has only ever once tried to post\search about the things.   The Jaques Mighty Mites are rare.. but not that rare. i know that just based on serial numbers that i have on file well over 2,000 were made. (i have heard numbers as high as 3k or 5k were made)  
The two other tractors that used the Jaques frame:  the Ottawa Mule team and Jaques-Frazer tractors are so rare in comparison that those guys tend to congregate.  
There used to be a great website with a registry for each of the 3 types. (ottawamuleteam.com) Unfortunately the guy that ran it shut it down or let it expire and most of the info was lost... which is pretty rough.  That Ottawa registry at one point had over 50 Ottawa mule team tractors on it! The good news is that another guy has started up the site again and hopefully the registries will one day be back (although now its a complete rebuild from scratch

To that point TBrooks- that Mighty Mite you posted pictures of is gorgeous!.... so many of Mighty Mites are missing their yellow pin stripe (or guys mistakenly paint it white instead of yellow) If its yours, do you mind me asking what the serial number is  if you happen to know the manufacture date (either from the engine serial number or the transmission cast date)?

that tractor belongs to my Dad. He also has the sickle bar mower and plow for it. Both attachments were also painted yellow. The plow still has the original stenciling on the beam and will not be repainted (in very good condition for its age). I started it a couple of weeks ago and drove it out of the shop and put it into winter storage for Dad. I am going up to see him tommarow. I will look to see if I can get you any numbers off of it.
  • KennyP said thank you

#18 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 12:41 AM

Take some pics if you can Tbrooks, I would appreciate it. I'm interested in anything relating to the Mighty Mites.

#19 Tbrooks OFFLINE  

Tbrooks
  • 405 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 06:06 PM

Take some pics if you can Tbrooks, I would appreciate it. I'm interested in anything relating to the Mighty Mites.

The serial number is 2879. Dad added a decal to the front. I don't think it is original but it does dress up the grill a little.image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  • earthgrinder, KennyP, Columbia236 and 2 others have said thanks

#20 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 07:15 PM

Great pics, thanks! I've never seen one of those plows in original paint. The tractor looks great restored!
  • Tbrooks said thank you

#21 earthgrinder OFFLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 450
  • 817 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted February 09, 2016 - 07:16 PM

Here is another clip after I refurbished the engine.  It is just about ready to return to its owner.

1948 Jaques-Frazer Model T

• classic, Tbrooks and jimmy G have said thanks

#22 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted February 09, 2016 - 07:55 PM

The tractor sounds like it runs real well. It's strange hearing a 2 stroke on a garden tractor, I have to say. The restoration looks to have been done well, too. As far as the Jaques Mighty Mites go, I often wonder about the rarity of them. I know some thousands were made, but a number of them were exported to South America, and most of the ones I've seen come up for sale are in pretty sad shape. Maybe more will start popping up as time goes on.
  • earthgrinder said thank you

#23 Tbrooks OFFLINE  

Tbrooks
  • 405 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 10:58 PM

Here is another clip after I refurbished the engine.  It is just about ready to return to its owner.
1948 Jaques-Frazer Model T

thanks for the video! It sounds and looks good. I hope you can talk the owner into bringing it up to loyalsock this summer. Dad is planning on bringing his mighty mite and it would make a nice pairing to see both at the same place.