Jump to content

Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

valve spring compressor

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thom OFFLINE  

  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 33353
  • 339 Thanks
  • 244 posts
  • Location: western NC

Posted October 17, 2015 - 05:56 PM

Can anyone tell me the number for a valve spring compressor for the smaller Briggs and Stratton engines? I need one for a 4 or 5 HP Briggs. I loaned all my Briggs and Stratton tools to a coworker a few years ago and never got them back. I believe that I had two different spring compressors , a small one and a larger one maybe? Thanks.

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

    DR. Bolens

  • Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,987 Thanks
  • 18,141 posts
  • Location: Western NY

Posted October 17, 2015 - 06:01 PM

This is a very common one I stock and use myself





Was it one like that in the link or one of the single "paddle" ones  below?



#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,869 Thanks
  • 9,180 posts
  • Location: N.E. Connecticut

Posted October 17, 2015 - 06:09 PM

Your story is why I learned to not loan my good tools 40 years ago. I picked up cheap old tools at tag sales, to loan. No real loss if they didn't come back. I have seen alot of different types of valve spring compressors but Like the B&S one the best. Mine is the older version of the one Dr. Bolens showed you in the link. Depending on the engine, the valve keeper tool is helpfull too. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, October 17, 2015 - 06:10 PM.

  • Bolens 1000 said thank you