I Went to The Swap Meet in Plainfield, CT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,454 Thanks
  • 7,342 posts

Posted October 17, 2015 - 11:20 AM

It was brisk(39*) and cloudy as I headed out this morning. By the time I got there the sun was out and it was warming up. Someone said that there had been snow flurries nearby this morning. There were less dealers than usual but this may have been because a huge swap is scheduled for tomorrow 40 miles from here. Stafford Springs at the race track will jam up the roads for ten miles in all directions.

My first find was a pair of castiron wheel weights that I could not identify. I bought them and a plastic Tecumseh gas tank and took them back to the car with a borrowed hank truck. I found a number of little things but it wasn't until the third row that I found a guy with several interesting things. First he had a running 1200 Cub Cadet, then a running 582 red Cub Cadet for $250, 2 pairs of old Simplicity Wheelweights for $75 per pair and a lone castiron FMC wheel weight. I thought about the wheel weights for awhile but they sold while I was deciding. He had a strange little Bolens RER that was front wheel drive and rear wheel stearing for $125. It was cute but I wasn't buying anything that I couldn't carry in my van.

There were a few more tractors and engines here and there. I saw and visited with some friends and after 3.5 hours there I headed home. I will add pics to this post as I figure out how to erase part of a memory stick. Good Luck, Rick

SD530904.JPG SD530905.JPG SD530906.JPG

These are the wheel weights and gas tank that I got. Anybody know what the weights are from?    SD530907.JPG   See if this is clearer. SD530908.JPG

Edited by boyscout862, October 17, 2015 - 03:42 PM.

• KennyP, WrenchinOnIt, Traill95 and 1 other said thanks

#2 petrj6 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,700 Thanks
  • 2,158 posts

Posted October 17, 2015 - 04:13 PM

Looks like a good time was had by all.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 67204
  • 278 Thanks
  • 280 posts

Posted October 17, 2015 - 07:56 PM

Those are Simplicity inner wheel weights offered in the late 60's and 70's. They fit inside the inner lip on a 12" rim. Then you can stack the 25 lb weights on the outside of them. They are somewhat sought after.