#17 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1978
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted April 16, 2011 - 04:22 PM

blue88s2003 I would take these guys advice they know their case/ingersoll tractors
  • blue88s2003 said thank you

#18 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 16, 2011 - 07:22 PM

Atleast one of them does L-O-L

#19 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,628 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 08:11 PM

I been following your post and was wondering if you could post pictures of the pump , The one you said was worn inside . Do you check for wear like a engine oil pump ? Thanks Al

#20 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1978
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 09:16 PM

Atleast one of them does L-O-L

No Mike both of you all do!!!! Hydriv has helped me and you have too!!!

#21 blue88s2003 OFFLINE  

blue88s2003

• Member No: 2739
  • 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted April 18, 2011 - 01:29 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13359[/ATTACH]took it apart.took the one gear out and you could see the wear and feel the step in the housing.dont have to put no stupid gauge on when you can see its screwed.

.i did a lot of work to this case.engine come out of a ford.gived it a 180 degree turn,cut the very long out put with a zip cut blade to the proper length.put on the new love machine coupler.for the new front,i turned down the former rear snout to fit a electric clutch from a J.D,put on a electric fuel pump.used the alternator built on the engine cause mine was fried and very expensive to replace.got a new starter for that kohler,put new piston and rings over sized ,which i got from wisconsin cause the bone head who sold me it put over sized rings in it probably cause he could not find an oversize.and you know oversize rings dont work..

Edited by blue88s2003, April 18, 2011 - 03:26 PM.

#22 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,628 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 07:33 AM

Sorry to hear both pumps are worn so bad you can feel a step in the housings , kind of makes you wonder what condition the motor and valves are like .

#23 blue88s2003 OFFLINE  

blue88s2003

• 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted April 20, 2011 - 01:16 PM

well this pump came from this ebay guy.my motor is fine,new piston and rings,rod.got another one coming.i heard automatic fluid works great

#24 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 07:31 AM

well this pump came from this ebay guy.my motor is fine,new piston and rings,rod.got another one coming.i heard automatic fluid works great

FYI, this particular drive system was patented back in 1962. Since that day, the only fluid the factory APPROVED was 20W40 MOTOR OIL... I have been on forums for 10 years and read posts from people who try and tell you this, that and the other thing because they all think that they are smarter than the engineers that Colt, Case and Ingersoll employed. I believe in the KISS principle. Keep It Simple, Stupid. and so do the engineers. Yes......certain OTHER fluids will work but if MOTOR OIL did not work the best, then you can be damn sure that the engineers would be telling everyone to use that one instead of the motor oil.

Since it is not my tractor nor my money involved, be my guest to use panther piss in your tractor if you want to believe every dumbass post you come across on the internet. If you go on the major Colt, Case and Ingersoll forums, you will find the majority of the owners using MOTOR oil in either 15W40, 20W50 or straight 30W in their tractors. Why? Because it works the best and they want to get the maximum life out of their pump and drive motor.

#25 blue88s2003 OFFLINE  

blue88s2003

• 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 07:20 PM

panther piss,is that in 1ow30 or just 30?i hear they have stock piles in warehouses in the u.s

#26 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 07:23 PM

panther piss,is that in 1ow30 or just 30?i hear they have stock piles in warehouses in the u.s

I could catch you some cow piss from my dairy herd, but I wouldn't recommend it, as when it hits the ground it foams a bit. The foaming would cause severe cavitation in the pump. :smilewink:

#27 blue88s2003 OFFLINE  

blue88s2003

• 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 07:52 PM

well,hold on there.first of all,you have to factor in the size of the pump and the pressure it will pump.then the constant of 14.7 lbs atmospheric pressure and the expansion of metals at room temperature(72 degrees)which is like .0000003" for every rise of a degree ABOVE room temperature.so if you live down south,that piss stuff wont work,too hot.but if you live in the northern areas,it will work.i rest my CASE!!

#28 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• Member No: 1459
  • 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted May 12, 2011 - 02:56 PM

I could catch you some cow piss from my dairy herd, but I wouldn't recommend it, as when it hits the ground it foams a bit. The foaming would cause severe cavitation in the pump. :smilewink:

:bigrofl:

Since it is not my tractor nor my money involved, be my guest to use panther piss in your tractor if you want to believe every dumbass post you come across on the internet.

Might as well give up. Some feel they know it all. If we all knew as much as we claim we wouldn't need forums like this would we? Come to think of it; What in the world did the manufactures of these machines provide Owner's Manuals for anyway? No one reads 'em.
:bash:

#29 blue88s2003 OFFLINE  

blue88s2003

• 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 07:52 AM

your the most intelligent and friendly person i have met yet on here.

#30 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 10:03 AM

your the most intelligent and friendly person i have met yet on here.

Here's the thing Blue.....

You are the one who came on this forum because you were looking for advice with a tractor that apparently you know little about. We tried to give you advice but apparently....you don't need it because you have all the answers. It isn't US.. who are being unfriendly. It is YOU. We are more than happy to help you solve issues with your Case but we expect to be shown a bit of respect for the time we freely give. So far, I haven't seen much of that being exhibited by you so I have to wonder why you bother going to any forum looking for assistance?