Paypal Buyer Protection? Baloney

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Phluphy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 70148
  • 308 Thanks
  • 401 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 08:18 AM

They did change the policy years ago so that sellers could only leave positive feedback.

That presents an interesting situation...sellers are out to make a buck as is ebay but, ebay, as do a few attorneys, is out for whatever scrap of commission to be gleaned.

No better humor than to realize all of these class action suits being filed and the unsuspecting consumer getting a small pittance of compensation with attorney's receiving the lions share via a percentage of every case; compile all of those percentages together one receives a healthy sum.

Negative feedback would lower commissions.

• mrmr56 said thank you

#17 Phluphy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 70148
  • 308 Thanks
  • 401 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 08:31 AM

That is the first time I have ever heard of feedback being denied.I have had it removed before but have never heard of someone not being able to leave feedback.What message came up when you tried to leave the feedback?

I've been hounded for feedback and likewise have been denied submitting negative feedback.

#18 Bud W OFFLINE  

Bud W

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2359
  • 220 Thanks
  • 209 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 09:10 AM

What's that sellers name, I want to make sure I don't buy from him!

• oldedeeres, Bill 76 and mrmr56 have said thanks

#19 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,052 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 12:27 PM

Funny timing...I just got an email from ebay today stating that my 'case' was closed on an item I never received.  I went through all their steps, and the seller even issued a USPS tracking # at one point, which clearly confirms the item never made it as far as the post office.  I have no idea how ebay 'closed' my 'case'.  I haven't had a refund or product show up, even after jumping through their hoops!  What a joke..

• mrmr56 and Phluphy have said thanks

• Member No: 10038
  • 4,676 Thanks
  • 4,222 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 04:43 PM

I bought a coiled microphone cable with ends attached from an Ebay seller.

The cable was advertised to fit the radio I was going to install it on.

When I got the cable and installed it, the radio wouldn't transmit...the mic wouldn't work.

I contacted the seller and complained. The seller said that "sometimes the wires are installed wrong in the ends" and I would have to fix it myself.

I eventually got it straightened out and the mic worked.

I went to EBay and put a negative comment on this guy stating "the item did not work as advertised".

He E-mailed me several time demanding I withdraw my negative comment. I told him I would not withdraw it, and if he contacted me one more time, I would add another negative comment stating that the seller would also harass you!

He never bothered me again!

• olcowhand and mrmr56 have said thanks

#21 mrmr56 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 62092
  • 202 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 06:19 AM

Just an update. I received an e-mail from pay pal yesterday. "After further review, we have determined that you are eligible for a refund. Ship the unopened as received merchandise back to the seller with shipping confirmation." As the gasket set is already installed on the engine, that is impossible to do. I am not sure what happened to their request to file a police report but undoubtedly it is not now needed. My original thought still applies. BUYER BEWARE. 

#22 petrj6 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,701 Thanks
  • 2,163 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 09:12 AM

Ship the package back with nothing in it!! Kind of poetic justice in that. Then when they say something you can swear up and down it was there when you shipped it.
  • Bmerf and Diesel1050 have said thanks