• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 mrmr56 OFFLINE  

mrmr56
  • Member No: 62092
  • 202 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 05:43 AM

I have bought and sold hundreds of items on e-bay over the last 15 or so years and have never had a problem of any kind. I had been led to believe that I at least had some protection from pay pal. Not So. I bought 2 Kohler v-twin full gasket sets on a buy it now auction a few weeks ago for $55.99 each. When I finally got my package, it only contained 1 gasket set so I contacted the seller and the total response was "We're sorry you had a problem. Was the package torn?". End of response. I filed a claim with pay pal and they sent me an e-mail to file a report with ANY government law enforcement agency, obtain a copy of the report, and fax it to them. This looks like they are trying to make anybody with a claim jump through enough hoops to drop any claim. Well, it works. I have more in life to accomplish than proving that I am not a thief. I have bought numerous items from Joe here on this forum and the service has been outstanding so I am not trying to knock sellers as such. I am just very disappointed that the protection I thought I had doesn't actually exist. I will lose my hard earned money on this one, but I will make sure to review any feedback on a prospective purchase should I buy in the future. Enough of my rant. Everybody have a great day. Charles

• MH81, boyscout862, oldedeeres and 6 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 05:56 AM

Did you get a packing slip with the package? I would contact the seller through E-Bay. If they don't want to fix it, give negative feedback.

• HDWildBill, oldedeeres, mrmr56 and 1 other said thanks

#3 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 06:16 AM

I agree with Kenny. File an item not received complaint with ebay and leave negative feedback.

• HDWildBill, oldedeeres, mrmr56 and 1 other said thanks

#4 1oldbuzz OFFLINE  

1oldbuzz
  • Member No: 61298
  • 257 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 06:18 AM

Best is to contact ebay over the phone you should get results as the seller did not represent item properly

• mrmr56 and Phluphy have said thanks

#5 mrmr56 OFFLINE  

mrmr56
  • 202 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 06:18 AM

No Kenny, there was no packing slip. And the latest update from e-bay. I can't leave negative feedback on the seller because the post office delivered the package even though only half of the order was in the package. As I said, I will eat the loss this time. I just wanted everybody to be aware.

• oldedeeres and Phluphy have said thanks

#6 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 06:22 AM

Since PayPal is a private entity now and not connected in any way with eBay, they have made a lot of changes.  One of them has been service. 

• Bill 76, mrmr56 and Phluphy have said thanks

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 06:23 AM

Sorry you are going to lose out
I would hope that a second contact to the seller would generate a better response.

#8 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,592 Thanks
  • 7,653 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 06:28 AM

I've had issues with UPS insurance. Insurance as a whole is an iffy thing. They're only in it to make money.

#9 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 06:29 AM

No Kenny, there was no packing slip. And the latest update from e-bay. I can't leave negative feedback on the seller because the post office delivered the package even though only half of the order was in the package. As I said, I will eat the loss this time. I just wanted everybody to be aware.

Ebay might deny your item not received complaint but how can they stop you from leaving negative feedback? Just word it that you only received part of the order and ebay lets them get away with it. They may remove it but you can stil leave it. it wouldn't be a case where the seller makes two shipments?

#10 mrmr56 OFFLINE  

mrmr56
  • 202 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 06:41 AM

I tried to leave the negative feedback but e-bay denied it. Rather than continue to be aggravated, I am just considering it LESSON LEARNED.

• DougT and Phluphy have said thanks

#11 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 06:58 AM

I tried to leave the negative feedback but e-bay denied it. Rather than continue to be aggravated, I am just considering it LESSON LEARNED.

That is the first time I have ever heard of feedback being denied.I have had it removed before but have never heard of someone not being able to leave feedback.What message came up when you tried to leave the feedback?

#12 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 07:04 AM

I can't verify it but I think they came out with a different policy regarding feedback several years ago.  It stated that ebay would no longer publish or accept negative feedback.  I say, what's the use of even having the feedback feature then?  How are you supposed to know who you are dealing with?  That's like getting a participation trophy.  Don't get me started on that!

Edited by David Brown, October 14, 2015 - 07:05 AM.

• Gtractor, oldedeeres, TomLGT195 and 2 others have said thanks

#13 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 07:09 AM

I can't verify it but I think they came out with a different policy regarding feedback several years ago.  It stated that ebay would no longer publish or accept negative feedback.  I say, what's the use of even having the feedback feature then?  How are you supposed to know who you are dealing with?  That's like getting a participation trophy.  Don't get me started on that!

They did change the policy years ago so that sellers could only leave positive feedback.

#14 mrmr56 OFFLINE  

mrmr56
  • 202 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 07:13 AM

Before this post get's out of hand, I didn't mean to stir the pot so hard. I just wanted everyone to be aware and do due diligence in future dealings with the e-bay and pay pal system, Some times, changes are not always for the betterment of all concerned parties.
  • jpackard56, oldedeeres and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#15 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,559 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 07:20 AM

I've been incredibly fortunate, as I have over 1200 ebay feedbacks, with at least 2/3 being as a buyer and I've never had an issue as a seller or buyer.  I have a few times received wrong items and sometimes damaged items, but sellers have always made things right.

I hope that never changes!