Just got this.Got rid of a basket case 1960-61 Wheel Horse Sub 400 that was really rough and a Sears Hydrotrac 12 parts tractor for it.And I'm very happy with it so far.I think I'll keep this one.It's super easy to work on and pulls a loaded trailer around 600lbs of fire wood with ease.
I've put a few parts into it but she runs pretty darn good.Paint is a tad rough but I'll worry about that after I get all the mechanical stuff taken care of.
So far I've put new Coil,Points,condenser,carb kit,fuel pump,starter bushings and brushes,both headlight bulbs,relined the brake band and swapped out the rear.
I have 2 new/used tires for on the front.The original front tires are cracked up pretty bad but they do have tubes in them.
I put a 77 14/6 rear in it.It now has a nice smooth operating splined axle tranny in it with fresh axle seals and fresh oil.
I have a big plow for the front and a 3 point for on the rear.I have to find me a decent sears 3 point plow and cultivator but that can wait till next spring.And possibly a deck and mule drive later down the road.
Next on the parts list is a new drive belt,1 idler belt and the missing grill piece.
I don't have much into it for parts.I had a bunch of the stuff sitting in the shed other than the condenser,headlights and brake band kit which cost me around $40 total.
noisy water filled tranny out.
New tranny In
I'll take a few more pics of it in the daylight.I just got the tranny in and done and hauled a big ole load of fire wood with it today.I don't want to Ever have to swap out the tranny again.It's a real bear to do by yourself.All I have is 2 floor jacks.Really needed an engine hoist or a 2nd person.