• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted October 12, 2015 - 12:59 PM

Hi, well yesterday it was 87*F+ here in WC MN, had the 1614 out and mowed 1.5 hrs last mowing of the season around for the PK will be sucking up leaves later with the Husky, anyway today its 46*F with the wind blowing up to and + 40 mph. So I removed the mower deck cleaned it up and greased the spindles so it ready to go in the back for winter storage. Now its to install the snowplow / dozer blade and that's going good have to fabricated a lift rod and get that adjusted as needed and install the trip springs when they get here and the plow will be ready to use. Also changed oil, the engine now has about 11 hrs since OH.

I'm thinking of removing the single spool hyd control valve and installing a dual spool valve and adding hydro-turning to the blade, that would be handy.

Got the lift rod  fabricated and installed the blade, run the PK outside to try the dozer blade and and man oh man am I impressed it moved packed gravel better than many 3pt blade will, set the angle and smoothed out gravel ridges I made. I like it it is a good implement.

HPIM2143.JPG HPIM2148.JPG

HPIM2149.JPG HPIM2150.JPG HPIM2151.JPG HPIM2152.JPG

Edited by MNGB, October 12, 2015 - 05:53 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#2 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 06:53 PM

Well the harvest is done, the potatoes are dug, squash picked and onions also dug, thought I had gotten all the onions a coulpe of weeks ago but today when I used the digger to work the ground and get the gras weds off up popped  3 more. Got the garden worked up with the digger so it good for fall and winter. Last winter I fabricated a sleeve hitch adapter for use with the 3 pt and it worked really good.HPIM1797.JPG HPIM1799.JPG HPIM1984.JPG HPIM1977.JPG

• KennyP said thank you

#3 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted October 17, 2015 - 10:13 PM

Nice setups! Yes, you are ready.

• MNGB said thank you

#4 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 05:56 PM

Hi, well yesterday and today I completed fabricating an angling control for the move  PK snow / dozer blade, it does require 2 hands but at least I don't have to get off the tractor or find an immovable object to move the blade. I would like to convert it to hydraulic control but that it for later.

HPIM2172.JPG HPIM2173.JPG HPIM2174.JPG

• olcowhand and Genem have said thanks

#5 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,753 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 09:10 PM

Is the snow up by you supposed to accumulate tomorrow? We're supposed to just get flakes, but no accumulation, down here.

#6 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 10:21 PM

Hi Cat385B, just some flakes as far as I can tell, kind of have to look past the hype they are putting out.

#7 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 03:46 PM

Blade control, good idea! I many times just keep straight and wish I wanted to get off and move it, heh! Deal is, one way is good, but turning and going back you want it opposite, so gets to be PIA after-while. Heck even my NEW PK Plastic doesn't turn by itself and is same deal. They DID have the option of another cylinder, but this one never had it. Have hydraulic lift, which is nicer.  I have metal king with 24" wheels, but don't have blade on it now. Was OK in light stuff, but got to slipping in heavy, even with Ags. Chains for it, are expensive, never went into those then.