Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted October 12, 2015 - 07:54 PM

"Pulled the line off, blew through it, gas shot out when pressure was released, and nothing is being pulled into the filter while cranking,"

Could the vent in the gas cap be clogged? When you blew in the fuel line it should have vented at the cap.

• Phluphy said thank you

#17 Phluphy OFFLINE  

Phluphy
  • Member No: 70148
  • 308 Thanks
  • 401 posts

Posted October 12, 2015 - 08:38 PM

"Pulled the line off, blew through it, gas shot out when pressure was released, and nothing is being pulled into the filter while cranking,"

Could the vent in the gas cap be clogged? When you blew in the fuel line it should have vented at the cap.

Could hear bubbling in the tank but cap is too far away to tell if it's venting.

If I can figure out the way the lines were run before everything was disassembled I believe the rest will be pretty much straight forward. Especially since replacing the filter, but first have to make sure all is hooked up right.

Thinking I'll leave it hang just to make sure fuel is being pumped before going further.

Also thinking it was a bad decision to literally bath my fingers in carb cleaner while cleaning off the pump.  Thought processes went steadily downhill afterwards.  Eh, tomorrow's a new day, maybe the brain cells will clear out over night. 

Before going though...as I understand it, the brass fitting on the pump connects to the vacuum line from engine?  There are 2 arrows in opposite corners of the pump body.  Not sure which is which, they both point up, but do recall the line to the carb was on the lower fitting.  Without seeing it again, that would only leave the upper fitting for line from the tank.  I do not understand how it came apart so easily but re-installing is frustrating.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the responses.

#18 Phluphy OFFLINE  

Phluphy
  • Member No: 70148
  • 308 Thanks
  • 401 posts

Posted October 13, 2015 - 11:00 AM

Helps to have a photo.

Located a photo taken weeks ago.

Pump taken off the other day was put together bassackwards...still not pulling fuel though.

Not looking forward to it but, thinking I'll have to dig deeper to find the problem, PO did a poor job of taking care of it.

Anyone done a rebuild on a briggs opposed twin, model 422437?

• KennyP said thank you