• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,807 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 09:33 AM

Seriously, there are some cases where the state or town has overlayed the road and not rechecked the clearences. Its not always the drivers fault. I'm a retired civil engineer and saw the tendency of the past 20 years for the state and cities to hire "qualified" people that had no grasp of the reality on the roads. In one city they had the "low bridge" sign posted only when it was too lated to turn off. It took 3 accidents for them to move the signs and remeasure the clearence. I try not to drive much because it is crazier now than anytime that I have seen before. Good Luck, Rick

#17 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,880 Thanks
  • 3,203 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 11:32 AM

The light is green, so I went!!!

#18 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • Member No: 25875
  • 1,666 Thanks
  • 1,649 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 01:16 PM

Max worked at the Just for Men Big & Tall shop for a few years.  He's 5'2"" 111 lbs.  He roots for the Giants football team.  He watches "Little People" on cable.  Now he has a new job and he's just so confused.

#19 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 678 Thanks
  • 234 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 01:36 AM

Seriously, there are some cases where the state or town has overlayed the road and not rechecked the clearences. Its not always the drivers fault. I'm a retired civil engineer and saw the tendency of the past 20 years for the state and cities to hire "qualified" people that had no grasp of the reality on the roads. In one city they had the "low bridge" sign posted only when it was too lated to turn off. It took 3 accidents for them to move the signs and remeasure the clearence. I try not to drive much because it is crazier now than anytime that I have seen before. Good Luck, Rick

There is an overpass over a 4 lane divided highway near our place that got hit every year for 5 years in a row before they took a paving recycler through the space under the bridge and stripped off 3 4+ inch layers of paving added as repairs over the years. The bridge was about a foot lower than any other in 100 miles either way. The height sign was never changed.
  • KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks