• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 06:31 AM

Nice Shed. Judging from my experience building a shed/workshop you made a wise decision. I've spent my whole summer / fall working on mine at the expense of other jobs that need done. I like the way they framed up a raised area to fill with gravel and put the shed on. It will keep the grass away from the sides and underneath. 

#17 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 06:54 AM

I know that will be the last time it will ever be empty!  I also am aware how quickly it will fill up but this is the size that allows me to fly under zoning radar.  Because it was built off site and assembled it is not considered permanent.  I have some trailer ramps that I will use for now but have some ideas for making my own.  

Lyall - My Jeep will actually go back in the garage once the Deeres are moved to the shed.  Her car always makes it in the garage.  :smilewink:

• lyall, KennyP, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#18 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 06:56 AM

Nice Shed. Judging from my experience building a shed/workshop you made a wise decision. I've spent my whole summer / fall working on mine at the expense of other jobs that need done. I like the way they framed up a raised area to fill with gravel and put the shed on. It will keep the grass away from the sides and underneath. 

That was their suggestion but I did the work.  The gravel is 2" deep on the SE corner and 10" deep on the NW corner.  I used the landscaping gravel from the front of the house that I was going to send away.  I figure there is between 3000 and 4000 pounds of gravel that I moved with my JD 7 cart behind the 312 or 120. 

• KennyP, JDBrian and oldedeeres have said thanks

#19 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,302 Thanks
  • 4,657 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 07:51 AM

Mine were curved and the deck was no trouble at all going in and out..  He love 'em and hey-  I got something else out of the barn!

• KennyP said thank you

#20 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 08:24 AM

solid and well made - congrats!

#21 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 09:23 AM

Travis that is a really nice shed, looks well built and should server you very well. 

That was their suggestion but I did the work.  The gravel is 2" deep on the SE corner and 10" deep on the NW corner.  I used the landscaping gravel from the front of the house that I was going to send away.  I figure there is between 3000 and 4000 pounds of gravel that I moved with my JD 7 cart behind the 312 or 120. 

I like the way you made the Deeres work for their new home.  They will appreciate it more that way. :smilewink:

• KennyP said thank you

#22 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 10:53 AM

Travis that is a really nice shed, looks well built and should server you very well.

I like the way you made the Deeres work for their new home. They will appreciate it more that way. :smilewink:

No show queens around my place. Use it or loose it is may mantra

Edited by Trav1s, October 08, 2015 - 10:54 AM.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#23 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 11:27 AM

I like the looks of those too, Kenny. For me weight is an issue--- not much upper body strength any more, lol. And having a mesh type surface rather than bars is nice too. Single ramps are easier to store as well, one can go here and the other there as space permits. Light enough to hang from a wall out of the way.

• KennyP and Trav1s have said thanks

#24 CanadianHobbyFarmer ONLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 06:35 PM

I hate to be the one nay sayer here, but the 4x4 stingers under your floor are on 2 foot centers. With the weight of your tractors in there the floor is going to sag severely and in short order unless you manage to park them so each tire is directly on top of a stringer.. You might want to see if you can get those guys back  to add some more stringers to make it on one foot centers. It should not be too hard of a job with the shed empty and it will hold up to the weight. The rest of it looks great.

#25 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 08:40 PM

I hate to be the one nay sayer here, but the 4x4 stingers under your floor are on 2 foot centers. With the weight of your tractors in there the floor is going to sag severely and in short order unless you manage to park them so each tire is directly on top of a stringer.. You might want to see if you can get those guys back  to add some more stringers to make it on one foot centers. It should not be too hard of a job with the shed empty and it will hold up to the weight. The rest of it looks great.

We talked about that.  Because of the size, there is a 4x4 across the back that you do not see and It will carry the load of the tractors.  Thanks for the observation.

• oldedeeres and CanadianHobbyFarmer have said thanks

#26 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 09:54 AM

Floor painted but drying very slowly.  I am going to do another coat before relocating the herd. 

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

Edited by Trav1s, October 10, 2015 - 12:30 PM.

• KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#27 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 11, 2015 - 04:38 PM

Got the 312, 120, 7 cart, and other things in the shed. I will add some shelves and hang items on the wall later. I am close to getting my jeep in the garage for the first time in a year.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

#28 CanadianHobbyFarmer ONLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted October 11, 2015 - 05:09 PM

Good to know that you thought of the weight issue ahead of time, The floor looks great.

#29 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 13, 2015 - 09:55 AM

Been thinking about shelves on the back wall and remembered that the local ReStore has been sitting on a couple pieces of 15" wide laminated countertop material.  I will check and see if it is still there today.