• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TrukTruk OFFLINE  

TrukTruk
  • Member No: 72802
  • 13 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted October 06, 2015 - 01:48 PM

Got my front PTO/yoke apart to discover the seat of the front bearing flange had shattered at some point in its life and someone gooped it up with some epoxy material.

Ordering a new one out of the way, you guys with a known good front end, does your front yoke have significant front-to-back wobble? Mine did hence the reason for the teardown. Looking at it I reckoned the yoke-pivot-shaft acts as the spacer for the bearings and takes up the slop when everything is it should be. Just want to know what to expect when I get it back together. Maybe make some spacers to fit in-between the yoke and frame?

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 10,330 Thanks
  • 7,820 posts

Posted October 06, 2015 - 02:51 PM

What make and model tractor? Check in our Manuals Section for the manuals for your tractor. If it is a Bolens or a Simplicity there are great shop manuals. Pics would help in clarifying what you are talking about. Good Luck, Rick

#3 TrukTruk OFFLINE  

TrukTruk
  • Member No: 72802
  • 13 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted October 06, 2015 - 03:11 PM

Forgot the necessities! This is a GT19, offending part is #24 in this diagram https://www.partstre...power-take-off/

#4 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 4,071 Thanks
  • 4,338 posts

Posted October 06, 2015 - 04:44 PM

On the S-16 I have has quite a bit of play. It is getting to the point of needing to be fixed. With yours one option would be spacers and shims to take out the slop. And another would be used parts. Joes outdoor power, one of our sponsors here, has parted out a few Ariens. He might have one.

Edited by shorty, October 06, 2015 - 08:31 PM.