6 replies to this topic

#1 GP Beginner OFFLINE  

GP Beginner
  • Member No: 75991
  • 2 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 06, 2015 - 07:46 AM

Hello,

a friend of mine is running Garden Pulling 500kg Stock class with his son here in Germany, see Picture.

He runs some Vogel manufacturing 12x12 wheels and the Vogels VM09. It works good and could also run with very low pressure

After a time he changed over to the VM08, because a lot of people saying they are very good.

He uses the same wheels as for the VM08.

But already at the first pull with the VM08 he losses complete air pressure of tire and the wheels are turning inisde the tire.

He tried different things but could not fix this Problem.

With the VM09 he could run with 1,74 psi, without Problems, but the VM08 don´t hold with much more pressure.

Dou you know this issue? any idea how to fix it? Why is the VM09 perfect on wheel and the VM08 not?

Thanks für Feedback.

Raphael

Attached Thumbnails

• little screamer.jpg

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,528 posts

Posted October 06, 2015 - 08:20 AM

Welcome to GTT. Someone who is into pulling will have to answer that question. Give them sometime because most of them are at work now. Good Luck, Rick

#3 KC9KAS ONLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted October 06, 2015 - 07:06 PM

:welcometogttalk: 

I know fellows that used to race motorcycles and they had a clamping device inside the rim that would "lock" the wheel & tire together so it wouldn't spin like you are describing.

Don't know if something like that is available for garden tractor pullers.

#4 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted October 07, 2015 - 11:14 AM

Hello and welcome. I currently run the vm 09 on my diesel and have never had any trouble. They work flawlessly and I would definitely recommend them. What it sounds like is the tire didnt seal correctly to the rim causing it to spin. I would have it taken to a tire shop so they can professionally install it. If you do not have a good strong bead then it will happen. I had a set of 23 10.30 12 tires that spun on the rim. Ended up having to re seat them.   

#5 GP Beginner OFFLINE  

GP Beginner
  • Member No: 75991
  • 2 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 07, 2015 - 02:43 PM

Hello,

thank you for the welcome and Feedback.

@ KV9KASWhat you mean is beadlock wheels, but I have never seen this on 12"x12" wheels.  the Point that confuses me is, that the VM09 match perfect to the wheels, even with very low pressure and VM08 making trouble.

€ Mike. nice, that you have experience with VM09. my friend is also happy with These tires, but have the issue with VM08.

Are you also running with VM rims?

best regards

Raphael

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#6 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted October 07, 2015 - 04:51 PM

Raphael, yes when I bought the tires from the previous owner they had the vm rims already on them. They're a very heavy tire but perform very well. I know they have a tire glue that you can seal between the lip of the rim and the tire but dont know how well it works especially if you have to change tires/rims.

#7 CanadianHobbyFarmer ONLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 07:37 PM

With the wheels and tires being from the same manufacturer, I would try contacting them to see if they have a solution or suggestions on how to solve the issue.

• KennyP said thank you