park kids brownie model b amusement park

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 steveolboy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 75963
  • 7 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 08:48 PM

Hello to all members. I am new to this site, but love and collect any old tractors from a tiny original Rototiller (pre troy built) to a 1946 Allis Chalmers Detroit supercharged crawler. I have brought home a Brownie amusement park machine and am looking for some more info on these. Ours is a model B, seial#107. It has he old Briggs 2hp with a 6 to 1 reduction box. It has the full, uncut hood and is red and black. Its a single seater and was made in Illinois if I remember right. I have seen pictures of these with 3 bar steering wheels, but ours has a 2 bar in the same aluminum and size. I had read they were made by the Allen Herschel amusement train company. Does anyone have dates or production number info on these. Any original pictures or ads would be helpful in restoring this machine. I have found very little on the web on these other than there are not many out there. I will try to add some pics when I have some good light. Thanks!
  • KennyP, alec and grattone have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,515 Thanks
  • 7,378 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 08:59 PM

Welcome to GTT. Please post some pics. Relax and enjoy the site. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, October 04, 2015 - 08:59 PM.

• steveolboy said thank you

#3 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,052 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted October 05, 2015 - 11:08 AM

Welcome!  There is a fella here on GTT by the screename 'tractorjeff'.  He is amusement-tractor crazy, and I mean that in a good way!  I know he has at least 1 Brownie, and has previously welcomed members to contact him to chit chat about any of these small machines.

jeffmalm(AT symbol)comcast(dot)net

I have the pleasure of bumping into him around home, at our local shows, and his collection is amazing.  Great guy, and very welcoming to talk with.

• KennyP and steveolboy have said thanks

#4 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,119 Thanks
  • 5,668 posts

Posted October 05, 2015 - 01:13 PM

Another new one on me

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,661 Thanks
  • 39,036 posts

Posted October 05, 2015 - 05:14 PM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a neat machine! Waiting on the pics!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: park, kids, brownie, model b, amusement park