#1 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 07:59 AM

I emailed a guy on Craigslist about a Yanmar YM2200, he said the engine needs rebuilt and it's already pulled apart. He wants $300 for it, it's a nice looking tractor, with really nice tires, I'm mainly wanting it for the back rims/tires since it has the rice&cane tires I can make them into duels for my Kubota L2000. I'm going to wait and call him a little later since it's Sunday, but how long should I wait???.

Here's what he wrote about it

parts only. YM2200 Yanmar all wheels and tires are useable with rear tires being very good. Engine would need a complete over haul (disassembled now). $300

Attached Thumbnails

• Yanmar YM2200.PNG

• chieffan said thank you

#2 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 08:30 AM

Been doing a little looking around, I guess these had a problem with over heating and blowing the head gasket. I wonder if that's the issue here? if so it may be a easy fix?. Still waiting for him to call, I guess I'll give him a call at 9:00am

:biting_nails:

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 09:00 AM

I always look at it this way.  If the seller really wants to sell his item, he won't care when you call, within reason.  It is the sellers option if he wants to answer the phone or not.  If he is dead set against Sunday calls he needs to post that with the listing.  Several years ago I bought a Bass  Boat for about $3k under book value.  Came out in a Sunday paper and I called him at 7 am that morning.  I was the first one to call and left to go get it.  When I picked it up there were two other guys on the street waiting to buy it if I didn't take it.  So why wait?  Call him if you want it.  If you don't, forget it.  The longer you wait the bigger the chance someone else is going to get the tractor.  Price wise.  No second thought on this end.  Buy it.

• boyscout862 and BTS have said thanks

#4 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 09:13 AM

I already gave him a call, the phone didn't even ring, it just went straight to the answering machine, I left a message and I'm now waiting. I hate waiting!!!!!

:tapping_fingers: :biting_nails: :biting_nails: :biting_nails: :biting_nails: :biting_nails:

Edited by BTS, October 04, 2015 - 09:13 AM.

#5 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,513 Thanks
  • 5,031 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 12:04 PM

I hate waiting!!!!!

If we play the game we have to get used to waiting. I've had guys call me close to month later and I was no longer sure what they were even talking about.  :(

• BTS said thank you

#6 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 03:42 PM

Still nothing, ad is still up and it doesn't say sold. When I call I get their answering machine after about 6 rings, hoping they will still call today/tonight, although it's getting to late to go today, it's around a hour and a half drive and I hate leaving in the afternoon/evening because it makes it that much worse if I have any trouble.

Still have high hopes I will get this tractor. :deadhorse: :biting_nails:

Edited by BTS, October 04, 2015 - 03:42 PM.

#7 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 06:08 PM

Missed it :wallbanging:

The guy never called, I called him early this morning and then every hour after that. Every time I got his answering machine, then I called again this evening and got him. he said, Oh, it just now sold :mad2:, I was wondering why he didn't call me (since I left a message) and how did someone else get a hold of him???

But oh well, that's the way these things go. :wave:

Edited by BTS, October 04, 2015 - 07:01 PM.

• Cvans and CanadianHobbyFarmer have said thanks