• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted October 03, 2015 - 05:22 PM

Hope this is the proper place for this,,??

I'm looking for some lift rods for my bolens 1477 ..

The ones I have for my dozer blade are similar to heim joints,, But they do not have the swivel on the ends..  their solid  fixed..

I'm looking for a threaded rod,, going into a right angle,, (In my case,, a 5/8" threaded rod, with a heim looking end,  fixed ,, and a 5/8" pin coming out the side at a 90 degree angle ) ..

These will be my lift rods, going to the the lift arms on my 3 pt hitch to the hydro lift ..

Hope I explained this correctly..  I wish I could take a photo of mine ,, But they are not here to photo..

Thank  you            sodi...

• holdenboy1960 said thank you

#2 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted October 03, 2015 - 05:54 PM

Try McMaster Carr.

http://www.mcmaster....od-ends/=z7mlwp

• sodisr said thank you

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 11:04 AM

Power King hitches show up on epay a lot. They are simple and could be adapted to other tractors. I have MADE arms from Flat stock, heavy like 1/2" x 1-1/2 or so and gotten the balls from Steiner I think it was for Cat 0, or you can find Cat 1 size much easier any farm store and had them welded to MY metal bars at each end. Have to be careful not to warp the outer parts of the balls or may lock up. That is why I had mine done by pro welder. I made some for a PK and worked great, looked stock. You can also go long enough to bend to shape if yours aren't straight type, that is not hard either. The lift links I made thick Rectangular tube with nuts welded on  for threaded rod to lift. Cut off the short side on the tube to drill hole and slip over the arms below, pin on. The upper end I again used the link balls and made just like a PK has, but one could use diff link ends like used for steering and such to connect to whatever arms you have to lift with. There are aftermarket places that make 3 pt parts, not cheap, but well made. Have had MTD style parts from them. Some welder fabricator that was linked on here from the MTD forums. They make parts for all the brands and generic too. Google search?

• sodisr and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#4 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted October 05, 2015 - 10:20 AM

3798kp2l.png?ver=1314262317          simular to what I'm looking for,, Except the 5/8 pin is welded to the hole.. and the threaded end is 12 inches long...................  withe a sleeve nut connecting them...  That's how my plow connects to lift... 

#5 mrmr56 OFFLINE  

mrmr56
  • Member No: 62092
  • 202 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted October 19, 2015 - 12:41 PM

Go to TSC and look in the gate hardware. They stock a gate hinge with the pins coming out sideways instead of a hole.

#6 Diesel1050 ONLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 348 Thanks
  • 396 posts

Posted October 19, 2015 - 01:58 PM

I am using top links from Agri Supply to make arms for my Agway. Get a couple cat.0 top links and make a longer "Barell" and lift pin hole
  • sodisr said thank you

#7 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted November 12, 2015 - 02:51 PM

3798kp2l.png?ver=1314262317          simular to what I'm looking for,, Except the 5/8 pin is welded to the hole.. and the threaded end is 12 inches long...................  withe a sleeve nut connecting them...  That's how my plow connects to lift... 

Go to a farm supply store and look for a gate hinge that made to bolt on to a post... They're actually the other half of the part you have shown. They are a threaded eye with a pin pressed into the eye.  I've used them to make parts for 3 point hitches

Smitty

Edited by Utah Smitty, November 12, 2015 - 09:50 PM.

• sodisr and holdenboy1960 have said thanks