• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted October 02, 2015 - 06:51 PM

When I recently bought out a collection of Bradley stuff I got a set of the rare gang mowers that mount on the sulky I was wondering if anyone here had a set and if so would you happen to have the hitch part that bolts to the sulky I have only seen one picture of what it looks like I would like to fabricate the hitch part it doesn't look complicated at all would like to just get a few deminisons first before fabricating one? Any help would be appreciated image.jpg
  • LPBolens and Tbrooks have said thanks

#2 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted October 02, 2015 - 11:42 PM

I see a hook-up for a belt on the mower in the foreground. So the DB gang mowers were driven off the tractor instead of ground driven?

#3 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted October 03, 2015 - 07:36 AM

I see a hook-up for a belt on the mower in the foreground. So the DB gang mowers were driven off the tractor instead of ground driven?

the gang mowers are ground drive. The front reel mower is belt powered off the tractor

#4 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted October 03, 2015 - 08:55 AM

there are a few sets of these gang mowers around, but I don't know of anyone who has a complete hitch setup for one. There was a guy up in MN who made the sulky parts, but he had a bad stroke last spring and I don't think he's able to do much any more. There is another guy is southern IL who has the mowers, but I don't think he has the hitches either, and another out in PA with mower that have the original decals that may not have ever been used.

• Alc said thank you

#5 smallenginemichigan OFFLINE  

smallenginemichigan
  • Member No: 75958
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 12:45 PM

These gang mowers are worth a lot Complete.  I have a set and have been watching them. This is a sale of them on ebay. They went for over 8,000....

Nice find...

http://offer.ebay.co...5&showauto=true

#6 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 02:21 PM

These gang mowers are worth a lot Complete.  I have a set and have been watching them. This is a sale of them on ebay. They went for over 8,000....

Nice find...

http://offer.ebay.co...5&showauto=true

attachicon.gifdbonebay.bmp

they are only worth what someone is willing to pay and I don't believe those mowers ended up even selling for that rumor has it the guy actually still has the mowers holding out that someone will eventually pay him that for them Do you have the hitch setup for yours by chance I mostly just want the overall deminison of the pipe the rest I can manage to figure out I have a picture of the hitch to go by

#7 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 04:03 PM

those mowers never got sold, it was a scam of some sort at the end.  you should be able to lay this all out and figure out the missing parts. I'm not sure where the parts came from for the copy that was built, but you would think there had to be at least one around some place.

#8 smallenginemichigan OFFLINE  

smallenginemichigan
  • Member No: 75958
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 07, 2015 - 07:22 AM

Yes the orginal high bidder backed he didn't want this guy to get them from what I heard.  He restored them and they are on the wall. check out the viedo. They still went for big $$$ and very much got sold

https://search.yahoo...&hsimp=yhs-004