• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fl smoker OFFLINE  

Fl smoker
  • Member No: 75848
  • 7 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 06:28 PM

So we saved this from the scrap yard . For 125.00. Can any one identify this tool bar it has discs sweeps and ripper shanks is it original ? Also will need a hood, thanks for any info

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Alc, boyscout862, Dieselcubmike and 1 other said thanks

#2 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 07:35 PM

You save the entire tractor or just the tool bar?

That was a good deal if you got the tractor for $125.

Oh, :welcometogttalk: 

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,544 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 08:00 PM

WOW what a deal. Check the Manuals Section for the info on the attachments. Take more pics. Good Luck, Rick

#4 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,446 Thanks
  • 3,995 posts

Posted October 02, 2015 - 12:39 AM

You save the entire tractor or just the tool bar?

That was a good deal if you got the tractor for $125.

Oh, :welcometogttalk:

Must be the entire tractor - she's lorried on the trailer... (I'm right, a tractor is almost female in the USA?)

And welcome to GTt

• KennyP and Fl smoker have said thanks

#5 Fl smoker OFFLINE  

Fl smoker
  • 7 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted October 02, 2015 - 03:29 AM

Thanks all saved the tractor and the bar with attachments. Saw a add on Craig's list for a parts jd 314 looked around at all the treasures these people had and asked if they had any other tractors,so the ole boy said we have a powerking that daddy wants to scrap so I offered 125 for it .before I got home with the deere he called and said come get it, it will need a few things but not a problem, these are pretty scarce way down south, curt

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Buddy said thank you

#6 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted October 02, 2015 - 06:50 AM

Nice find.  You have a 1974 Economy that is a Power King model.  The tool bar on the back is an original piece of equipment.  For use in digging furrows or hilling potatoes, whatever.  That's a piece of equipment that is somewhat hard to find, especially complete.  Very handy to have if you garden at all.  Welcome and ask anything.  There are some knowledgeable PK people here.  I used to know a few people who had a good many of these tractors down in Florida.  Be sure to attend the Florida Flywheelers show and you should be able to find some orange folks there.

Edited by David Brown, October 02, 2015 - 06:52 AM.

• Buddy and Fl smoker have said thanks

#7 Fl smoker OFFLINE  

Fl smoker
  • 7 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 11:06 AM

Thanks David for the info, the fla fly wheelers.org is where I fist saw the economy tractors, we use to be venders their and we're able to attend all 3 yearly shows, it is a very inpressive place. We'll like a kid in a candy store, I would like to go back this nov. It is an amazing show, we only live a hour and a half away, as I go over this old powerking the list is getting a little bit bigger but the price was great. Curt

#8 Fl smoker OFFLINE  

Fl smoker
  • 7 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 11:11 AM

Oh 1 more question, the motor on this was replaced or rebuilt not sure but the serial #is not on the tin does it have any other locations that it will be! also the dip stick appears to be a different one than original due to the custom weld job around the rail, se I told you many questions, curt

#9 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 11:31 AM

Hi, I have not found any other numbers on a Kohler to ID the SN and spec number, the model is cast into the block above the Crankshaft, and its not a good deal in my thinking that the numbers are inked on the tag. Yea I noticed the hood brace mod to accommodate the dip stick, if you want to repair the hood brace to original there are vertical dip sticks for the engine, or that can be blocked off with a plate and a short dip stick assy installed in the pipe plug that's just above the drain plug

• Fl smoker said thank you