• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VTXrider OFFLINE  

VTXrider
  • Member No: 16031
  • 463 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 11:44 AM

There has not been much activity here for a while so I put up a little something to look at. Received a set of rear chains and installed them today along with the fronts. Did an oil change and a lube job. The chains come from http://www.tirechain...ire-chains.html.

Been using the winch and boom for an engine repair on The Wizard 990 and for yard work.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image 01.jpg
  • Image 02.jpg

• DH1, Gtractor, Cvans and 5 others have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 01:21 PM

Yep! Lots of chain there, all neat and tight spaced, looks good. I no longer have 990, but who knows if one might show up!  I usually get about three set-up for winter blades. This year will have my big brush on the Big PK, a blade on metal PK and probly a Speedex set up with blade too. Some in back garage and one in front on house. Seat time on more than one, and back-ups when they don't work, (which happens). OH, and don't let anyone know I also have a JD Green one that I use every year too.  That one never has problems with starting and goes well in snow.  It's a cheap one that was supposed to break in 3yrs, but going on 12 now!

• KennyP and VTXrider have said thanks

#3 backyardtinker OFFLINE  

backyardtinker
  • Member No: 73578
  • 249 Thanks
  • 182 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 05:09 PM

Nice looking machine. What size are the rear tires? They look very tall.

• VTXrider said thank you

#4 VTXrider OFFLINE  

VTXrider
  • Member No: 16031
  • 463 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 06:26 PM

The tires are 27 X 9.5 X 15 and are standard for the 990. They have not been available for many years but the chains still are. I had ordered the chains in January of this year but were a stock out until now. Apparently they will be harder to find also. I have two spare sets of tires that still hold air but are quite weather checked. There are some ag tires available that will fit these rims and also a smaller 27" X 8.5" bobcat tire will fit, which I have on another machine with chains, that is being used to scrape horse poop at my daughter's little farm. I hope to have pictures of it doing some dirty work.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image 01.jpg

Edited by VTXrider, October 01, 2015 - 06:28 PM.

• sacsr, Rock farmer and backyardtinker have said thanks