#16 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 10:40 AM

I get them from where ever i can find size 14s..and my 15 year old son is already in a 14.

• BTS and kellerman88 have said thanks

#17 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 11:10 AM

There is a store in Spartanbrg SC that sells discount footwear. I got my Wolverines - brand new with mismatched shoe laces (some factory defect) for $41. In the past I have gotten Rockey, Redwing, Carolina, and several other high priced sets of boots for about that price. I wear steel toes so I get them a size bigger than my non steel toes.

Several years ago I paid $150 for a pair of Diehard boots. They nearly destroyed my feet. They went in the garbage. I had so many bandaids and blister pads on my feet I didn't even need shoes.

• BTS, Auburn David and JBRamsey have said thanks

#18 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,060 Thanks
  • 785 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 01:30 PM

I wear military boots,they are most durable...but I just had to throw a picture of thease on. anybody remember thease pieces of crap?IMG_1486.JPG IMG_1485.JPG
  • Cvans, EricR, BTS and 1 other said thanks

#19 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,519 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 04:43 PM

anybody remember thease pieces of crap?

YES! Those are what my folks would by me to wear in the winter or Boy Scout camping trips. Yah my feet stayed dry but they were constantly half frozen. I would have to be pretty desperate to wear them again. 

• BTS and karl have said thanks

#20 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 973 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 09:56 PM

I usually get Timberland Pros but I work in the dry so I don't know how waterproof they are. I like them but the sole will crack across the ball of the foot in a year or so. After three pair I got po'd with that. My last pair of work boots I got from BassPro but I don't wear them everyday. Just when I'm in mines in South America and West Virginia.

My first good pair of hunting boots were a pair of Rocky Corn Stalkers in 1988. $ 85 for the pair. Big money in 1988 for a kid right out of college with student loans and a 1966 pickup truck to drive to work! They were American made and indestructible. I wore them hunting and early season striper fishing for over ten years. They never leaked. Eventually the insulation started balling up inside them. So I bought another pair of Rocky's--Bear Claws. In less than one hunting season the sole completely peeled off. I tried another pair. They leaked like a seive. Both were foreign made. No more Rocky's for me. Now with three boys growing out of hunting boots every season, I buy what I can find on sale and spray them with CampDri to help keep,their feet dry.

UncleWillie, my mom and dad are in Blacksburg. Next time I'm down there I need to make a side trip to the big city of Spartanburg and check out the store. Daddy must not know about it or he would have told me. He's pretty good about sniffing out good deals on good shoes. You will never catch him without good shoes or boots on.

If I hit the lottery tonight, I would
  • BTS said thank you

#21 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 06:30 AM

I have a pair of Carolina Wellington metatarsal for the mines. I hate Carolina boots but these were on sale for 50 a pair and I usually spent 200 to 250 on mine boots. I have a few pair of these in the closet new yet. Get about a year a pair.

Ive had a pair of rocky 8" boots for years now. At least 10. Taken good care of these ones and they still look and feel like new after a good scrubbing.

I have a pair of nice irish setter slip ons that I love. Paid too much for them though.

A pair of muck boots that I need to break out of the closet now. Stupid rain.

My wife tells me I have a boot obsession. I have probably 15 pair.
  • BTS said thank you

#22 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 07:08 AM

Red Wing 953's around home and to church:
image.jpeg

Red Wing 2233's for work.
image.jpeg
  • BTS said thank you

#23 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 07:43 AM

My heroes have always been cowboys, so I wear cowboy boots.
But it also depends on conditions. When it is wet I wear gum boots, and when cold, I wear packs with felt liners.
When I worked in the factory steel toed boots were required, they will freeze you toes in cold weather.
A not so funny story, like Chris I used to wear steel toed Wellington boots.
I was working in maintenence and was using a torch to cut some steel strapping for a project.
A piece of slag dropped, burned through my jeans, dropped into my boot and stuck to the top of my foot.
I soon quit wearing wellingtons.
  • BTS said thank you

#24 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 09:24 AM

I have a pair of Danner lace up boot I use when riding and really like them except the lace up part, so I put a set of zippers in them and they work very well. 

Around the shop I had a pair of engineers boots I got off leather up cheap.  They were foreign made but has lasted me for 5 years, they did take a long time to break in though.  This past summer the soles started coming off so I bought a pair of Rocky boots, they were not cheap.  I've only had them a few months and the right boot squeaks when I move a certain way.  I've also developed a tender spot on my right foot along the out side edge.  I don't know if that has to do with the boot or not.

#25 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,905 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 10:05 AM

Retired ones hahahahahaha

#26 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 03:17 PM

Redwing #2412.  I have wore this same boot for the last 20 years.  The last 18 years it's been everyday for work and at the farm on the weekends.  Don't know how many pair I've gone through but I know I am not changing brands anytime soon as far as I can see.

#27 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,567 Thanks
  • 3,950 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 03:35 PM

I always struggle to find a good work boot. The more expensive brands, the leather outlasts the soles by a long shot. I wear the heels crooked very quickly. I found that it is easier to get the cheaper boots and replace them quicker.

#28 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 950 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 01:30 PM

My boots started letting go today and need some before Thursday so bought Blundstone pull on steel toe boots. More than I want to spend but they are supposed to be top quality and comfy.  Called Mr. Cheap Sob who I know wears them and asked if he would buy them again,,he said YES! 

https://www.blundsto...pages/all-style

Edited by Jazz, February 05, 2016 - 01:32 PM.

#29 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 07:20 PM

I just bought a pair of metatarsal Matterhorn 10" slip ons a few weeks ago. Love them. But most don't need boots like these.

#30 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,034 Thanks
  • 1,127 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 08:40 PM

These Red Wings are what I have, composite toe, waterproof. I only wear them when doing heavier or wet work. Most the time I wear steel toe tennis shoes. At work our boots are about the same as the Red Wings but brands can vary and choice of lace up or pull-on.

DAC

Attached Thumbnails

• Red Wings.jpg