#16 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 07:29 AM

LG2?  I had one, worst phone I ever had as far as durability. I had it for less than a year, replaced mother board once and screen twice, even with a cover. I finally threw it against the wall after new screen quit working after only 2 months. In the 10 months I had it, it only worked for about 4 of those. I loved it's software and actually using it, but would break if I looked at it wrong, poor design.

After the very poor experience I had with their customer service, I will never knowingly buy another LG product.

I've dropped my Samsung S5 Active many a time and not even a scratched it.

Screen was easy to replace, I did it the second time. I bought the screen and digitizer as one unit, took maybe 45 mins total, there is some good youtube videos on replacement.

• BTS said thank you

#17 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,065 Thanks
  • 788 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 07:49 AM

I do not own a cell phone. studys in other countrys have shown a cancer risk from radiation emited even when your not talking on it.And I belive it.I also belive i'm old school. call me when i'm home and you can talk to me then,or leave a message!
  • BTS said thank you

#18 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,737 Thanks
  • 1,731 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 08:15 AM

LG2?  I had one, worst phone I ever had as far as durability. I had it for less than a year, replaced mother board once and screen twice, even with a cover. I finally threw it against the wall after new screen quit working after only 2 months. In the 10 months I had it, it only worked for about 4 of those. I loved it's software and actually using it, but would break if I looked at it wrong, poor design.

After the very poor experience I had with their customer service, I will never knowingly buy another LG product.

I've dropped my Samsung S5 Active many a time and not even a scratched it.

Screen was easy to replace, I did it the second time. I bought the screen and digitizer as one unit, took maybe 45 mins total, there is some good youtube videos on replacement.

It is a G3, besides the screen issue now, I have never had a problem with it. just love this phone, my last one was a i-phone 4S and it was horrible. It completely quit on me with in 6 months, then apple gave me another one, I had it for about 3 months and the WIFI went out of it, apple told me that they replaced it once and the second phone isn't warrantied. So my brother ended up pulling it apart and re soldered the WIFI chip in it, I guess they have a flaw where the WIFI chip solder comes loose???. Anyway, after that it was fixed and worked just fine, but I still didn't like apples software, I like this LG so much more. But I know people out there swear by apple like my brother in law, he won't even look at anything if it's not apple :wallbanging:.

Edited by BTS, September 30, 2015 - 08:18 AM.

#19 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 08:35 AM

I hate apple.

I loved the G2 functionality and scree layouts, but the glass was wrapped around the side, even with a cover I broke the screen from a 18" drop. It was just built poorly. I saw the LG3 was built a little better, at least to look at it, but sounds like maybe not.

No matter with the customer service I got, I won't be buying anymore of their products

• BTS said thank you

#20 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 09:42 AM

Batteries Plus can replace the glass in phones.  Not sure how much it costs but it is probably cheaper then what one of the carriers want to fix it.

• MH81 and BTS have said thanks

#21 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 02:31 PM

Verizon just isn't going to give you a phone for free because it broke from being dropped. [/url]

Off topic but FYI - I remember you had a Droid Turbo. If you still do, be aware that phone has a one time free screen replacement. It was a selling point warranty deal provided by Motorola but administered by Verizon. Chances are the staff at the Verizon store won't know anything about it so you have to push the issue. It's still on their website. They don't actually replace the screen but usually ship you a refurb'ed phone.

Edited by Canawler, October 01, 2015 - 02:33 PM.

• HDWildBill and BTS have said thanks