18 replies to this topic

#16 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted November 18, 2015 - 05:55 PM

My current 4041 uses the hydro for the loader, it's a bit slower than my MF 1855 with Johnson Workhorse and separate pump, but reall plenty fast for normal work. The only time it's noticeable is when rolling and lifting, then the bucket is slow, but that's not a big deal.

A lot depends on the duration of the job. When moving a few yards of dirt on a beautiful summer day, a few extra seconds for each lift  here and there is inconsequential. My 1655 will move 12 yards of material from the front yard to the back yard in a bit over an hour. It's just a wee bit of a different tale at -20° F after 4 or 5 hours of driveway clearing.

Aside from the few extra seconds for a normal lift is the extra time required when using the hydro to push the bucket against the snow pile so that the snow can be piled 7-8' high with a 6' lift capability. A hydro under load requires more fluid from the charge pump leaving less for the loader.

Then there is the issue of available pressure. Max pressure for most GT hydros is about 1000 psi. I run a bit higher with the auxiliary pump.

• olcowhand, limebuzz, MH81 and 1 other said thanks

#17 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,488 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted November 18, 2015 - 08:12 PM

I wouldn't argue any of that, my snow clearing is basically 120' x 16' driveway with a couple of turnouts and making a path to the other buildings. We seldom get more than 8"-14" of snow, though we have gotten 24" a couple of times. I'd prefer a separate pump, but even with the high lift heights, it's plenty quick enough for personnel use. My Johnson was faster, but lift wasn't as high. I've considered just using the hydro for the three point hitch and adding a pump, but I'd need better reason than a minor difference in lift speed considering the way I use it. If someone uses theirs for larger jobs I can understand needing the better speed and ability to roll and lift fast at the same time.

#18 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,488 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted November 18, 2015 - 08:15 PM

And might I add, Tudor knows this stuff as well as anyone I've ever talked to and he's helped me several times with hydraulics., on this and other forums.
  • olcowhand, limebuzz, MH81 and 1 other said thanks

#19 cchap45 OFFLINE  

cchap45

• Member No: 6595
  • 82 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 12:15 PM

Found some time to work on the loader project.  Got the mower deck off and made the rear mount for the uprights.  Now to get that attached to the tractor and mock up the loader for the braces and mounts.

Attached Thumbnails

• loader mount1.jpg

• olcowhand, MH81 and Cvans have said thanks