skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,407 Thanks
  • 3,157 posts

Posted October 02, 2015 - 03:28 AM

Thanks guys , for the help, as I said Deere is out, the local dealer is a total @$$ jack! I'm not looking for an old piece of iron, as I must be comfy and user friendly, ABSOLUTELY has to have 4 wd!! With the front axle providing braking assistance!! The hills we have to hay !!!!! Who doggy , no way would I go on them with out 4wd!!!!!!!!! Especially on grass... That's a first class ride to the bottom and into the woods. Nope need 4wd, and at least 8k of weight, if I plan on square baling.
  • Cvans and oldedeeres have said thanks

#17 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,407 Thanks
  • 3,157 posts

Posted October 05, 2015 - 06:01 AM

Holy expensive moly!!! MF is off the wall $$$$$$$$!! No wonder the dealers are folding up! Dang, a 5600 series rig they want 100K .. Unfortunately for me there are not any dealers that sell MF close enough other than this clown. May need to venture south into PA for something.. I really don't need a 140+ hp machine at all, but none of the smaller hp machines have the front hitch/ pto setup... Hmmm...
I want a mower up front but may need to pass on that idea, may just have to keep pulling them pain in the butt mowers that are wide as heck...mailbox eaters I call them LOL , my dad seems to get at least 1 a year LOL.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#18 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,234 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted October 05, 2015 - 06:19 AM

I don't know what my buddy has as far as model. It's a big tractor, full cab, ac, 4x4, he uses it on his farm doing round bailing. I think he said he paid like 50k for it brand new?

I know you said that JD dealer is bad, but might be worth driving to another to check out their offerings.

Edit. It's an 85hp

Edited by toomanytoys84, October 05, 2015 - 05:18 PM.

• skyrydr2 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#19 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,723 Thanks
  • 1,723 posts

Posted October 05, 2015 - 01:03 PM

WOW, your looking into the big tractors,  have you looked into JCB? I don't know much about them (and have no experience with them) but I always thought they looked like a nice machine. I have noticed that JCB has a front lift and PTO, but they are a big tractor.

Good luck

#20 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted October 05, 2015 - 02:48 PM

For an inline square baler hands down a Hesston all the way.  Older CaseIH's are the same thing.  As for running a round baler it depends how big it is.  My co worker runs a 4x5 new holland behind a 686 International on some pretty sketchy hills with no problems.

When my work bought our new mowing tractor this spring to retrofit our mowing system onto we looked at everything out there.  We were leaning VERY HEAVILY to a Kubota 9960.  It had about the nicest features out there for the best value.  In the end the supervisors decided to buy a new mowing system as well and the only thing that Tiger Corp. mounts them on is JD so we ended up with a JD 6105D.  If it wouldn't have been for the new mowing system we would have without a doubt went with the Kubota.

#21 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,407 Thanks
  • 3,157 posts

Posted October 06, 2015 - 07:17 AM

That is the one Tractor that keeps coming back , the 9960?? Might just go with it , but I need to secure a setof fields first, then we will get some new goodies. We have enough hay customers for 15k bales... But fields we have now will never make that much... Dilemas, dilemas.....
  • oldedeeres and TomLGT195 have said thanks