Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Can anyone help identify this King Kutter implement?

plow

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 newbie101 OFFLINE  

newbie101
  • Member No: 75781
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 01:33 PM

P1000585.JPG

#2 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,062 Thanks
  • 2,177 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 02:08 PM

Looks like a Sears plow, cultivator and rear blade.....and a pair of side panels off an old king kutter rotary cutter.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, JD DANNELS and 3 others have said thanks

#3 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 05:11 PM

Looks like a Sears plow, cultivator and rear blade.....and a pair of side panels off an old king kutter rotary cutter.

I agree I do not think King Kutter ever made anything smaller than Category 1, I have a 6 1/2 ft disc and a 3 point scraper and think they make good stuff.

#4 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 06:20 PM

:yeah_that: ​ and :welcometogttalk:  

#5 newbie101 OFFLINE  

newbie101
  • Member No: 75781
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 11:36 AM

Thanks!  Any idea what yard sale value would be?

#6 markus OFFLINE  

markus
  • Member No: 69531
  • 12 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 03:38 PM

You have a partial set of Sears Garden Tractor Implements , Cat 0  with a 19'' pin bar and a depth wheel for the cultivator and some of the cultivator points and a nice probably 9 or 10 inch moldboard plow for same . The plow is actually quite nice for a small garden and I actually use one for my garden at the side of my house . It will turn up and over a beautiful 6 to 7 inch furrow . Remove the upper draw bar assembly by removing , I think 3 bolts , and using heavy clamps , attach the plow to a draw bar that has been fitted with a stabilizer attachment ( see Omni Drawbar stabilizer ) . You can offset the plow to your desire , along the drawbar for rowing preferences . This will allow you to use the plow with standard Tractor configurations since the distance between the pins on the Sears implements is only 19 inches . If you are interested in selling these odds and ends I would be willing to make you an offer . Call 1-304-733-0101 ask for Mark . 

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 04:41 PM

You have a partial set of Sears Garden Tractor Implements , Cat 0  with a 19'' pin bar and a depth wheel for the cultivator and some of the cultivator points and a nice probably 9 or 10 inch moldboard plow for same . The plow is actually quite nice for a small garden and I actually use one for my garden at the side of my house . It will turn up and over a beautiful 6 to 7 inch furrow . Remove the upper draw bar assembly by removing , I think 3 bolts , and using heavy clamps , attach the plow to a draw bar that has been fitted with a stabilizer attachment ( see Omni Drawbar stabilizer ) . You can offset the plow to your desire , along the drawbar for rowing preferences . This will allow you to use the plow with standard Tractor configurations since the distance between the pins on the Sears implements is only 19 inches . If you are interested in selling these odds and ends I would be willing to make you an offer . Call 1-304-733-0101 ask for Mark . 

I think the Sear 3-point was only 12". Normal Cat 0 is 20". These were way narrower!

#8 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,494 Thanks
  • 4,949 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 07:33 AM

I think the Sear 3-point was only 12". Normal Cat 0 is 20". These were way narrower!

Yep Kenny, that is correct. I call Sears "sub- Cat 0" . It was due to the narrow rear hitch plate/frame.

Value, plow 50-75, cultivator maybe the same. If that is a Sears rear blade with mount, those go for $150 and up in my area.

• KennyP said thank you

#9 markus OFFLINE  

markus
  • Member No: 69531
  • 12 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted October 22, 2015 - 04:53 PM

Yep Kenny, that is correct. I call Sears "sub- Cat 0" . It was due to the narrow rear hitch plate/frame.

Value, plow 50-75, cultivator maybe the same. If that is a Sears rear blade with mount, those go for $150 and up in my area.

You are 100% correct , I knew it was narrower than a standard but was guessing on the 19 in. , I went out and measured mine and sure enough 12 inches . I have a front mount Sears blade that I rigged for a JD E series tractor , works fine 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plow