• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,442 Thanks
  • 953 posts

Posted September 27, 2015 - 08:00 AM

Thursday I was at the Sally Ann shopping for a birthday gift for the wife. I decided on a pitchfork to replace our broken one. The pretty young lady at till had a eye patch with fresh gauze. I asked if she had a accident with pitchfork as I had one in hand. No she replied "careless use of fireworks". I said "it will heal". She said " no, pirate for life, no sense crying about it". A good attitude although I'm sure this did not come immediately. Be safe with fireworks.
Nice vintage pitchfork eh!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

• KennyP, tractorgarden, Cvans and 4 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted September 27, 2015 - 08:09 AM

That may create some 'fireworks' itself! Glad you didn't buy her a broom!

• HDWildBill and HANKG have said thanks

#3 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted September 27, 2015 - 08:23 AM

I knew a fellow that bought his wife a new chainsaw for Mothers Day.........She didn't think too much of the gift!

My wife likes practical gifts...tools and the like, but she requires jewelry too!

She once told me jewely "prevents head-aches"!

We were shopping and she saw a ring she thought she needed. she looked at me and stated, "I feel a head-ache coming on"!

• KennyP and LilysDad have said thanks

#4 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted September 27, 2015 - 11:29 AM

That may create some 'fireworks' itself! Glad you didn't buy her a broom!

That's what I was thinking as well!

Sorry to hear about the young lady.  Fireworks are neat to watch but I leave them to the experts.  I also like to get quite a bit of distance from the launch area as well.

#5 FixItCharlie OFFLINE  

FixItCharlie
  • Member No: 47950
  • 361 Thanks
  • 259 posts

Posted September 27, 2015 - 01:31 PM

Anything that explodes is very dangerous. I will never trust the so called experts all of them are stupid some time & this is from personal experience. Many years ago some friends & I were at a fireworks show that was set off over a river. This was going to be a very large fireworks show & we decided to put the boat in the water to watch it. We were not the only ones doing this & a safety zone was set up & managed by authorities. The show was in the first five minutes when someone shoots off a bottle rocket & it lands in one of the storage containers that some expert left open. Needless to say the complete show was over in less then two minutes. Everyone was lucky with only minor injuries with several thousand of spectators. Those of us in the boats were getting ready to swim for shore with everything exploding right over our heads. 

Charlie

• KennyP and LilysDad have said thanks

#6 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 09:48 AM

Couple observations about fireworks;

Have you ever noticed the "warnings" on the side of them? Those are there because some Darwin-nominee TRIED TO DO IT!!! If you need to TELL ME "Emits flaming balls. Do not point roman candle toward face when using", then maybe I don't need to be in the gene pool anyway!

Second, we always thought it was funny that my daughter, who was one of the biggest klutzes in our family, actually WORKED at a fireworks factory for several years. It was in Central Florida, and she worked for the company that put on most of the big city and amusement park commercial displays in that area. She assembled 6-10" mortar shells and various pyrotechnics. We would always joke with her that if the place ever "went up", we would know why!!!

We enjoy fireworks, but like many other tools, you have to use them properly and treat them with respect!
  • KennyP and FixItCharlie have said thanks