• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 vtbolensfan OFFLINE  

vtbolensfan
  • Member No: 71390
  • 69 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 12:05 PM

Very nice work you have done. It will be a family heirloom with the history behind it congrats on a well done project.

Thank you, I will be removing the engine this summer and restoring the rest of the tractor.

#32 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,214 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 05:27 PM

ok yup. I can get that. What do you want it posted for? Just wondering.

http://gardentractor...al-number-threa

willberj is compiling a registry - see the attached post

I am trying to find out how many of each model was made. 

#33 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 11:31 AM

VT,,,   Nice job there...   Was looking for a pic. of the bottom of the connecting rod..  Did it have an oil slinger on the con.-rod cap..???

also,,, what was the best way to compress the rings to slide the jug over...????

• vtbolensfan said thank you

#34 vtbolensfan OFFLINE  

vtbolensfan
  • 69 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 12:13 PM

Hi, it does have a slinger on it. I bought a new rod and it came with one. I used a piston ring compressor sleeve. I tried it without it but couldn't get it. The Wisconsin manual says to put the piston on the rod. Then put the cylinder on tje block, them put the rod , with piston down through the cylinder. I tried it the other way first, but did not work. I did it how the book said, i should have read the book in the first place. Even with the sleeve type compressor , it was not that easy

Edited by vtbolensfan, February 21, 2016 - 12:44 PM.

• LPBolens and sodisr have said thanks

#35 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 10:22 AM

Hi, it does have a slinger on it. I bought a new rod and it came with one. I used a piston ring compressor sleeve. I tried it without it but couldn't get it. The Wisconsin manual says to put the piston on the rod. Then put the cylinder on tje block, them put the rod , with piston down through the cylinder. I tried it the other way first, but did not work. I did it how the book said, i should have read the book in the first place. Even with the sleeve type compressor , it was not that easy

When looking at the progress in some of your'e pics. ,,  It looked like you had the rod and piston on the block  with out the sleeve..  That's why I asked..    Thanks...

#36 vtbolensfan OFFLINE  

vtbolensfan
  • 69 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 10:47 AM

When looking at the progress in some of your'e pics. ,,  It looked like you had the rod and piston on the block  with out the sleeve..  That's why I asked..    Thanks...

No you are right. I had to remove the rod, put the cylinder on then put the piston with the rod in. Went much easier.