• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Austen ONLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted September 27, 2015 - 04:17 PM

Thanks all! As stated, it is very much going to be a working tractor. I plan to use the heck out of it and in another 20 years time, do another restore. 

Great restoration of a classic Bolens. Congratulations on seeing the project through without compromising. Enjoy your dream tractor!

Thank you, Brian! Every time I see it I can't believe that I finally have one.

What a beauty !! Great job !

Thanks Alc!

That is a fantastic machine! I really enjoyed the pics. Just a thought about the steering wheel for you to consider if you haven't already. What about spraying it with truck bed liner? It's durable, has a bumpy finish and is paintable too so you could do it matte, satin or gloss.

Thanks BYT! You are definitely on to something. I had been thinking some sort of an "orange peel" type texture could be applied and then painted over. I like your idea of using bed liner.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks Dave!!

Wow, just seeing that first pic dropped my jaw, literally. You guys did an amazing job!

Ah, thanks buddy!

Wow very nice !

Thanks Hank!

Nicer than new !!!

They're only new once, but it certainly has a different vibe to it this go around.

Looks great!

Thanks Kfs35!

Wonderful restoration.  And you call this a working tractor and worried about a little soot on a the loader frame?  Go get it dirty and put a scratch on it right off the bat and you will be able to use and enjoy all your hard dedicated work.  Until  then, you won't even want to start it up.  Great job.

Ha Ha. Initially it will be difficult but once it begins getting dusty and the wear areas begin showing themselves like on the foot pedals, it won't be so bad. :thumbs:

That is one super job,lots of your time in it,you sure can tell,I really like the engine modification, very well done

#17 Austen ONLINE  

Austen
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted September 27, 2015 - 04:18 PM

Apparently I found the cap for quotes per post in my post above.

Continued!

VERY NICE! Looks fantastic! You have to be pleased with the outcome.Congrats.

Thanks Rick! The foot pads are awesome! Thanks again.

Austen, you, and all involved, did an awe-inspiring job restoring your 1886! Great job! :thumbs: It's certainly something to be proud of.

Don't be afraid to use it. You've eliminated the old, shall we say, "patina" of previous owner/s. Now you can create a patina of your own. If you wish, you can do what Jay Leno does with his vehicles; he says that he restores them perfectly, but uses them until they get down to about 80%, then he restores them again. :smilewink:

Hey Toolefool, thanks!! I completely agree, and with Jay Leno's uncommon approach which I have always greatly admired. Before I began the project I told myself this isn't going to be the only restoration that it's going to have in my lifetime. In other words, I'm not going to feel obligated to prevent every little scratch in order to keep it looking pristine the rest of its life. My plan is to enjoy it as much as possible and in a couple of decades go through it again.

VERY NICE! Looks fantastic! You have to be pleased with the outcome.Congrats.

Thanks Kevin! Glad you like it.

I agree.!!!   That is Jaw-dropping ..   I would put it in my living room to admire.. :D    OR go get another to use as a work horse..That needs to be on the cover of a magazine...

Not sure about a magazine but I'd sure love to have it in the living room! :smilewink:

Thanks!!

Looks too nice to use! But use it - that is awesome

And used it will! In fact I'll be mounting the Gannon back on it later this afternoon and doing a little grading work with it.  :thumbs:

Thanks again, guys!

Edited by Austen, September 27, 2015 - 04:18 PM.

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#18 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 10:15 AM

Man this is truely a piece of Art! I love what you've done with it!! You truely did it right, and I'm sure Steevo is glad to see it as it sits now! Great job, and enjoy it!! 

• Austen said thank you

#19 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 06:30 PM

Yep, I really want one of those. Nice work!

• Austen said thank you

#20 Austen ONLINE  

Austen
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 07:44 PM

Man this is truely a piece of Art! I love what you've done with it!! You truely did it right, and I'm sure Steevo is glad to see it as it sits now! Great job, and enjoy it!! 

Thanks, come take it for a spin!

Yep, I really want one of those. Nice work!

Cool!! Good luck on the search!

Thanks!