7 replies to this topic

#1 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted April 13, 2011 - 09:25 PM

pm_gas (Small).jpg Spent most of the morning getting parkmaster to run, had not been started in about 5 years. Spent most of afternoon trying to get the reels Dialed in. all new to me, finally at end of day, was up to one acre about every 20 minutes. Mowing fescue about 6 inches tall. I am hoping by tomorrow afternoon, to have reels all adjusted to mow correctly. Lots to this, more than I figured.

Regards, George.

#2 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted April 13, 2011 - 11:40 PM

That looks interesting. Good luck with the adjustments.

#3 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted April 13, 2011 - 11:52 PM

George, when you get a grip on sharpening & dialing in the reels, please share the tips you learn. I'm sure that there are more guys out there trying to get theirs up and running. Thanks & good news on the gangs starting to work together!

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 14, 2011 - 12:55 AM

Cool machine, looks like it should do the job nicely.

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 14, 2011 - 04:36 AM

That sure is a neat looking piece of equipment.

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 14, 2011 - 05:19 AM

Yes please share your tips you learn with adjusting and sharpening the reels. We have a 3 and 5 gang pull behind reel mowers and need to get them adjusted and sharpened so they work right.

#7 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted April 14, 2011 - 10:46 PM

Was poking around in the shop today, and I may have a complete set of manuals for the parkmaster. Including manualson sharpening and setting up the cutters. As soon as I get them all together, will contact George for help with up-loading.

Edited by dryrun, April 14, 2011 - 10:47 PM.
stupid attack

#8 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted April 14, 2011 - 11:24 PM

parkmaster 006 (Small).jpg Guys, here is what I know so far. Loosen the bed plate adjustment (star shaped knob in center of pic] about 8 or 9 clicks until reel turns freely. Tighten back down while turning drive wheel until you can hear a ticking sound from reel turning against bed plate.[be gentle just a slight touching at first.] pull the reel around a previously mowed area for a while, as you pull around, stop a few times and tighten the bed plate one click at a time until you see all the reel sections shiny. do not over tighten, as heat will build up and reel will lock up. If this happens, just loosen the adjustment back up. Once the reel sections and bed plate are shiny, this tells you the reel and plate are in good condition. Try some mowing, if grass builds up on top of reel, or balls up, tighten up a little more. Keep speed up, grass should shoot over back of reel If reels will not shine up, or bed plate will not shine, may have to re grind reels.

More to come as I get better acquainted with manual. Remember, I am new to this, and have to learn as I go, lots to know here. but, we will figure this thing out, and then we will all know how to do it. I was told today that we have a reel grinding tool, somewhere in barn. I will take barn apart peice by peice until I find it.

Edited by dryrun, April 14, 2011 - 11:36 PM.

• MH81 said thank you