• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 coinman66 ONLINE  

coinman66
  • Member No: 72594
  • 163 Thanks
  • 273 posts

Posted September 25, 2015 - 07:27 PM

Anyone know a olive color in a spray can that's a close match?
Thanks

#2 1964Deere OFFLINE  

1964Deere

• Member No: 1547
  • 248 Thanks
  • 289 posts

Posted September 25, 2015 - 07:42 PM

I know it's not in a spray can but I posted the Arnold motor supply code for mink brown(what they call the "olive" color). I know it's not spray can but maybe they can help you out

#3 coinman66 ONLINE  

coinman66
  • Member No: 72594
  • 163 Thanks
  • 273 posts

Posted September 25, 2015 - 07:46 PM

Ok thanks maybe they can match it.

I know it's not in a spray can but I posted the Arnold motor supply code for mink brown(what they call the "olive" color). I know it's not spray can but maybe they can help you out

#4 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,508 Thanks
  • 3,905 posts

Posted September 25, 2015 - 08:12 PM

If you get it mixed at a paint store that caters to paint shops. They might put it in a rattle can for you. Our local paint store will do that. I forget what it cost, it was comparable to cans off the shelf.
  • 1964Deere said thank you

#5 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted September 25, 2015 - 09:47 PM

I had a Sea Nymph jon boat once (hold on with me here a minute, youll see where I'm going)

The boat had a steering wheel  (not tiller steering) and the PO had made a plywood makeshift "console" to which he mounted the shifter.  Well, several years of weather exposure, meant that this console was pretty well shot when I got the boat. I drew up something similar only I made it out of sheet aluminum, same material as the rest of the boat. I went to the local marina, and I think it was Lowe (another boat company) had some touch up paint in a rattle can, I think their name for the color, was "deadgrass" It was an olive green color BUT it had very little sheen, quite flat. It was an exact match for my boat, and while I have never owned a New Holland GT nor had one parked by that boat to compare colors, it may be worth a shot.....

• coinman66 said thank you

#6 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,434 Thanks
  • 947 posts

Posted September 25, 2015 - 10:06 PM

It's only a few bucks more for a custom mixed spray can. It will be a quality paint as well. This truck had some wildlife repairs done and our shop is only 2 blocks from paint shop. Saved $3 picking a can off the shelf!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

• coinman66 said thank you