• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• Member No: 109
  • 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted March 15, 2010 - 12:36 AM

I went cross country a few weeks back and bought a deck, blade, snowblower, and tiller as a package deal. So, now I have 2 mower decks for the 10/12. One of each design, with all the mounting hardware for both.

I found another 12 variable speed that I want to buy. It already has a deck and a blade. Thought about selling one of the decks to offset the cost of the other machine, but I have never seen a deck for sale so I don't know what to ask for it.

#2 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted March 15, 2010 - 02:30 AM

Congratulations on your finds, especially the package deal. I don't know what a mf10/12 deck is worth. I'll give you the generic answer "what someone is willing to pay for it". I usually have more than one tractor I can mow with around so I don't usually buy anything thats not a steal. If someone needed one and they were hard to come by in their area and it was in good shape they might pay $100-$150. I recently bought a running mf12 hydro with good deck and a parts deck for $150. I had wanted one (hydro) for a long time and couldn't find one so I would have paid much more. I must have a good poker face because I talked him down from $200.

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 15, 2010 - 04:43 AM

Yep, demand and supply is going to play a big factor for your area, I am guessing somewhere between $75 - $125 is what you will get for it.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 15, 2010 - 05:16 AM

Yeah, I would think somewhere in the $125-$150 bracket.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 15, 2010 - 12:09 PM

I forgot to mention congrats on that package deal ya got, that's a nice find!!!! :thumbs:

#6 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted March 15, 2010 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I am unsure what to think about the values though. There aren't very many of the massey garden tractors in the area. You guys on the eastern seaboard and in Canada appear to have it made. I have never found a 10/12 for parts anywhere in the area, I even ran a wanted ad on craigslist which went without reply. For $100 I think I'd be better off keeping the extra deck "just in case", it never hurts to have parts.

Well, I guess I'll just have to see if I can whittle this guy down on this MF12 variable speed. It has a deck and blade and is running. What would you guys give for it if you didn't really need it? $400-500 or is that too much. I paid $130 for mine sort of running with the deck at an auction. It was pandora's box and I opened it!

Edited by MF10 DIESEL, March 15, 2010 - 09:21 PM.

#7 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted March 16, 2010 - 12:41 AM

You could post the deck on craigslist for more $$ and see, maybe someone has been looking for one. I have 3 good decks and 2 parts decks. They are worth more to me as back-ups/parts than I can get for them around here. I plan on using my tractors for a long time. As far as the mf12g, its your call on what its worth to you. If you want one and don't see them very often its worth more to you. If its in good shape it will last many years. My father bought a mf10 used in 1975 and used it heavily until about 2000. He finally replaced it with a JD 212 because my mother was starting to have trouble pushing in the heavy clutch on the mf. My point is if you buy the 12 and enjoy it for many years you probably won't worry to often about whether or not you paid $200 to much for it. Besides with all those attachments you need at least 2 more tractors, right!? I'm doing a lot of work on my house and yard so I use my tractors all the time. I have a mf10 that I leave the tiller on all the time, a mf12g that I leave a snow/dozer blade on, a mf12h for mowing and another 10 and 12 that I can put a snowblower on in the winter or pull stuff with. See, I need them all! I use the tiller for several gardens and also use it for landscaping. I used it to dig the base for my patio. I tilled the ground to break it up and then used the blade to push the dirt out. Later I used the blade to level off the dirt and raise a low spot by my house. I didn't have to shovel much at all. This weekend if its dry enough I'm going to use the tiller to widen my driveway. I'll till up the area I need to dig out to put the stone in and then haul the dirt away to areas I need fill. Here's a picture of the base I dug with the tiller, I ended up going one pass wider and the patio almost finished. Good luck clinching the deal on the 12g.DSC00228..jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00247..jpg

#8 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 16, 2010 - 10:25 AM

Nice deal on the attachments!

#9 Chippy OFFLINE  

Chippy

• Member No: 1462
  • 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted November 08, 2010 - 03:44 PM

Did you ever sell the surplus mower deck you had for the MF 12? I'm in the process of looking for one.??

I went cross country a few weeks back and bought a deck, blade, snowblower, and tiller as a package deal. So, now I have 2 mower decks for the 10/12. One of each design, with all the mounting hardware for both.

I found another 12 variable speed that I want to buy. It already has a deck and a blade. Thought about selling one of the decks to offset the cost of the other machine, but I have never seen a deck for sale so I don't know what to ask for it.

#10 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 11:29 PM

Did you ever sell the surplus mower deck you had for the MF 12? I'm in the process of looking for one.??

still have it, PM sent