• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,528 posts

Posted October 03, 2015 - 07:13 AM

At 0800 hrs it is still raining and very windy here. I had a long day at the VA yesterday so, I overslept this morning. I won't even try Zagray but I will spend some time on a GT in the basement and run some shopping errands. Next Sunday is a Swap Meet in Brooklyn, CT. Good Luck, Rick

#17 devans OFFLINE  

devans
  • Member No: 68585
  • 367 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted October 03, 2015 - 08:50 AM

Now that one I think I can make it to.

#18 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted October 03, 2015 - 09:05 AM

Good turn out so far!!

#19 bafarm OFFLINE  

bafarm
  • Member No: 61647
  • 5 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted October 03, 2015 - 02:10 PM

Sorry I was not able to fit this in today.

Don 

#20 tom tractor OFFLINE  

tom tractor
  • Member No: 51604
  • 182 Thanks
  • 194 posts

Posted October 03, 2015 - 06:02 PM

I will be going tomorrow (Sunday).  Keeping my fingers crossed there are people who attend.  This is usually one of the best shows in New England.

#21 tiretrx ONLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 908 Thanks
  • 659 posts

Posted October 03, 2015 - 06:18 PM

The wife and I got there a bit late, but from what I heard the turn out was slim. I bought a Model A brake pedal to put in stock. Even though it was quiet, we had a great time watching the vintage clams, cranes and drag buckets at work. I got some pics and some vids of that to share after I transfer them. Got to watch the saw mill in action. Also met some real nice folks. One member, Bob, gave us the farm/club history. Also showed us pics of his stretched '68 Cub Cadet. He had the pic on a business card. Very nice man! Another gentlemen had a homemade GT that he fashioned off a Panzer from parts he had laying around. Loved that thing! 

We're staying over and hitting the show again tomorrow. Hopefully, the weather is a bit better  :thumbs:

• KennyP said thank you

#22 tiretrx ONLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 908 Thanks
  • 659 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 07:00 PM

Weather and turnout a LOT better today. Got a couple neat items, including an old wicker/leather seat that I think would look nice on the LoBoy Custom we're building. A nice Farmall grill. I'm thinking from an H, but that's just a best guess. Some old Tonkas from the 50's - 60's.

Couple pics of stuff that looked cool to us.

This is the gentleman, Bob, that I mentioned earlier driving. He said it was rusting away outside for years before the club redid it. I never laid eyes on a Case Tractor KIng before, but it was as impressive a machine as I've ever seen. What a beast!

IMG_0241_zps2qhmo6pg.jpg

Couple nice Fergies.

IMG_0257_zps6zb46ly7.jpg

IMG_0234_zpsrrehpyum.jpg

This is Joseph. Just met him. We tried troubleshooting his Custom 6 engine problems. Very nice young man.

IMG_0233_zpsvxu2cvp8.jpg

I spent a long time watching these machines in action. 

IMG_0216_zpsho8unqqx.jpg

Never got to talk to the owner of this. Don't know what make. Toro? Worthington? Anyone know?

IMG_0202_zpsa5e7dwfm.jpg

Really liked this one. I talked to the gentleman who built it from stuff laying around...........50 years ago. He said he had updated the engine at some point. 

IMG_0194_zpsovcblyr6.jpg

• DougT and KennyP have said thanks