• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,238 Thanks
  • 29,693 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 07:09 AM

Mostly cloudy here about an hour and a half before full eclipse......we went to bed.

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,652 Thanks
  • 1,681 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 07:53 AM

It couldn't of been more clear out here, we are in a perfect area for watching the stars, no lights or trees in the way, we are also on one of the tallest hills around so nothing is in the way. The Moon was huge and red. We got some pictures, I'll half to post them later.

And you can't think of a eclipse without...... well the song eclipse :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

• MH81 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#18 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,048 Thanks
  • 4,977 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 12:19 PM

Cloudy here.  Didn't see anything.

#19 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14008
  • 5,536 Thanks
  • 3,073 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 12:49 PM

Ariba, the German shepherd, and I were out on the lawn by 7:00p.m. Beautiful but chilly night, I had put my ski doo suit on and wore a touque, and was glad of them by the time 10:30 rolled around. The "zero gravity" chair is wonderful for star gazing, best purchase I've made this year I think. At totality the moon was a dullish brown shade, not red, but there is little to no air pollution here, and I'm guessing that is the reason for the lack of colour. Saw 17 "shooting stars", countless satellites, and heard several flocks of snows and blues going over. The resident great grey owl was calling and I heard a moose grunt a couple of times down by the river. After the shadow was gone the young coyotes tuned up for a full concert--- absolutely beautiful entertainment all round.
  • KennyP, boyscout862 and EricR have said thanks