Finally getting into the LGT 14d a little. Repaired the Alternator for a whopping $2.40 ....gotta be a record. Of course that doesn`t count the 2 hours I spent with a rotary file getting the bearing off the shaft....but I`m cheap labor. I actually fixed 2 assumed problems with alt. fix. The red light on dash...and the little bit of water puking out after running wide open for a few minutes. That`ll happen when the belt isn`t driving the water pump !!!! Batt light went off and no more throwing up water.
Thought I would tackle the drive for the mowing deck since it didn`t have any belts or springs on the front PTO. Previous owner was nice enough to leave the chewed up belt hanging on mower. Got some belts and one spring from NH and installed them along with a counter spring hoping it would pull the idler pulley in enough to drive the belts. Well I still don't know because the cable that actuates the drive is locked up. OK ...not unexpected. What was unexpected was having to pull all the sheet metal off to get the cable out. Not being able to see how the other end of the cable was mounted.... I pulled the little access panel ( had to sawzall one screw) under steering wheel and tried to pull the side air panel to get my fat little finger on it. Got the roll pin out of lever to pull side panel....had to heat and use 3 way puller to get the lever off. Aggravation level rising !!! One screw was under the sheetmetal with the footpads......which required pulling the rear fenders panel...... aaarrrrrggghh ! While crawling around I found the dealer sticker.....in Florida. I figured as much since I got it in an auction on lower Ga.
Actually glad I pulled the sheet metal off since I can see everything and cleaned about 10 lbs of grass and sand packed in EVERYWHERE. I was pleased to see 99% good paint and everything in pretty good shape. The fender panel got mangled a little bit in shipping and if I can`t find replacement I can straighten this out some.
When I go back there won`t be any Phillips screws and every thing will get a coat of C5A anti-sieze !!!
More to come !