42 replies to this topic

#16 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted September 23, 2015 - 08:13 PM

Started off today about 5:30 to a loud clap of thunder and started to pour.  Did chores in the rain, then back to the house to check the radar.  Looked like there was going to be a window where I had to go, an hour due West.  They had 4.5" there last night.  Hook up the trailer and loaded the winch, battery, etc. and took off, in the rain.  Drove in and out of hard rain all the way.  Got about a mile for the pick up point and it quit raining.  Got backed up to the tractor and hooked the cable on and started to pull.  Of course with both rear tires flat nothing was about to turn.  Drug it up on the trailer all the way.  Went easier once the tires got on the wet trailer planks.  Strapped things down good and took off. got about 5 mils back East and ran into rain again.  Had rain all the way home and until about 2 hours after I arrived.  Really lucked out with the open window of no rain to load in.

As several have said, lot of work to do on it.  Going to pick up a couple tubes in the morning for the back tires.  Will put a couple patches over the holes and duct tape the tube good where the holes are it will be good for a while, at least to move it around.  Need to work on that blade too.  Cutting edge need turned over and rebuild the swivel catch.  No ignition switch so need to come up with a wiring diagram for this tractor and get that situation taken care of.

#17 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,194 Thanks
  • 5,214 posts

Posted September 23, 2015 - 09:16 PM

So can you get photos of the dash area? I think you have a 1455. 

• chieffan said thank you

#18 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted September 23, 2015 - 09:28 PM

So can you get photos of the dash area? I think you have a 1455. 

I can get that photo in the morning but the tag and hood both say 1476.   Very little difference between the 1455 and 1476 from what I have read.

#19 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,194 Thanks
  • 5,214 posts

Posted September 23, 2015 - 09:45 PM

I can get that photo in the morning but the tag and hood both say 1476.   Very little difference between the 1455 and 1476 from what I have read.

The steering wheel is for a 1455. 

#20 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted September 24, 2015 - 09:21 AM

The steering wheel is for a 1455. 

That may be.  Probably a carry over. One can judge the model of a tractor by the steering wheel just like one can judge the model of a vehicle by the hubcaps.

1476 Dash R.JPG    1476 Dash-1.JPG    1476 Dash-L.JPG

1476 Model Decal.JPG    1476-1.JPG

• LPBolens said thank you

#21 Chubien ONLINE  

Chubien
  • Member No: 61561
  • 605 Thanks
  • 382 posts

Posted September 24, 2015 - 01:40 PM

She needs lots of love, but nothing time and some money can't fix.
Show us a video of that Wisconsin running when you get there.

#22 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,194 Thanks
  • 5,214 posts

Posted September 24, 2015 - 05:39 PM

Is there a serial number for the tractor?    Whats the spec number on the engine?

#23 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted September 24, 2015 - 05:46 PM

I have no idea how to post a video on here.  Working on the fuel system now.  Took 2 hours this afternoon to get the gas tank off, sediment bulb and fitting apart without breaking anything.  Have gas in the bottom of the tank soaking with a hand full of 3/8" nuts.  Nuts won't help while it is soaking but will sure loosen up the crud in the bottom when I shake heck out of it again.

Definitely will need two new rear tires.  Can use these even with tubes.  Pricing tires now.  $89 each mounted is the best so far.

Edited by chieffan, September 24, 2015 - 05:59 PM.

#24 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted September 24, 2015 - 05:57 PM

Is there a serial number for the tractor?    Whats the spec number on the engine?

Serial number on the engine is 4862951,  built in January of 1969.  Spec number is 918974.  Serial number of the tractor is 1029. 

The tractor is identified on the tag as a Model 1476.  The hood states it is a 1476.  I bought it as a 1476.  So as far as I am concerned it is a 1476.  Sorry Wilberj, you can call it what ever you like as it will make no difference to me one way or the other.

#25 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,194 Thanks
  • 5,214 posts

Posted September 24, 2015 - 06:21 PM

Wow bad day?  I stated I think you may have a 1455 I never said you did I just see things from a 1455 on it.  I'll would call it a 1476 all day long to I just trying to straiten out the stuff I see on it.    I been all over the large frame world and yours is the first 1476 i seen like this.  It very well maybe number 29 with the serial number of 1029 and the steering wheel was left over stock.

• blackjackjakexxix and chieffan have said thanks

#26 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted September 24, 2015 - 06:33 PM

No problem Wilberj.  Nope not a bad day.  Just saying what i felt was right from what was in front of me.  Bolens was notorious for using left over this and that for the next years model.  Lot of companies do that..

• wilberj said thank you

#27 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,194 Thanks
  • 5,214 posts

Posted September 24, 2015 - 06:49 PM

No problem Wilberj.  Nope not a bad day.  Just saying what i felt was right from what was in front of me.  Bolens was notorious for using left over this and that for the next years model.  Lot of companies do that..

I understand that 100%  I am just trying to record and track everything I see. 

#28 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted September 24, 2015 - 07:17 PM

The time is not problem.  Now the money, that is a little different.  It will come around.  Big thing now is the rear tires so I can move it.  With both rears collapsed where they sat flat for so long I can't even get it up on the work table to work on.  Sitting on the trailer in the garage now.  Have several other tube frame wheels but thy won't fit.  Wonder if a couple car donuts wheels would fit?  Found a wiring diagram I think will work so gaining there.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#29 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted September 24, 2015 - 08:10 PM

I understand that 100%  I am just trying to record and track everything I see. 

Seening as how I don't have any paperwork for this tractor, and the newer Large Frames are a lot different,  what is the lever over the tunnel for?  Is this the free wheel lever or does this one even have one?

#30 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,194 Thanks
  • 5,214 posts

Posted September 24, 2015 - 08:14 PM

Seening as how I don't have any paperwork for this tractor, and the newer Large Frames are a lot different,  what is the lever over the tunnel for?  Is this the free wheel lever or does this one even have one?

All the way forward is drive, center is neutral, all the way back is park.