• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thompson1600 OFFLINE  

thompson1600

• Member No: 2490
  • 2 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted April 13, 2011 - 12:38 AM

Has anyone added an electric linear actuator to the JD integral sleeve hitch? I see that Johnny products has a universal one available for $550 or so. I'm looking for another generic one that an electric actuator could be added, or add it to the OEM deere integral sleeve hitch. Anyone fabricated something like this, or is it for sale cheaper somewhere other than Johnny? Thanks

Tom

#2 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted April 13, 2011 - 06:19 AM

Tom,
I know this don't answer your question, but here's a video of an electric hitch being installed on a 3X5 series JD.

YouTube - John Deere Sleeve Hitch

#3 thompson1600 OFFLINE  

thompson1600

• Member No: 2490
  • 2 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted April 13, 2011 - 11:10 AM

Thanks. I have watched that. That is the video that got me thinking about it. I can't find what part number or models that unit will fit on. I see JD has the Integral Sleeve Hitch that has a manual arm to do the lifting, but haven't found the one that has the linear acutator.

Do you know if you can add a linear actuator to the regualr Integral Sleeve Hitch JD sells? It is usually seen on eBay for about $300 bucks, but no linear actuator.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 13, 2011 - 06:07 PM

You can get linear actuators from a couple of various sources, I think northern tool has them as well as some other places for a lot cheaper then $550. I would think you could add one to anything if you want to put some ingenuity to it.