This might be a very long write up.
I'm currently working on a 1964 Simplicity LandLord 314 (990314) with a hydraulic Lift (990339). It was given to me about 1 month ago and I was told it was well taken care of. Sadly this isn't the case. The LandLord is in rather rough shape. It never got regular TLC besides motor oil changes.
- Transmission Leaking from flange gasket & oil seals. (#1 Priority)
- Loose wheel hub.
- Hydraulic needs to be repacked. (Currently finding o-rings)
- Hydraulic pump needs new seals & o-rings but isn't mandatory. I just want to do it. (Currently finding o-rings)
- Worn out drive shaft plate (Fixed)
- Carburetor needs a rebuild (Done)
- Gas tank is slightly rusted inside.
- Gas tank drain spout broke. Need to backout old pipe tip and find new pipe.
- Engine runs beautifully.
- Generator is charging battery correctly
- Hydraulic Pump works perfectly without leaking
- Tires are holding air
- Barely any rust. Just a little surface rust on front rims. Whole tractor is just covered in oil and grease.
- Main - 990314
- Hydraulic Lift - 990339
- Tiller 36" - 1690039
- Tiller Lift - 1690045
- Tine Extension - 1600419
I should have all the tools myself to tear it apart and fix the seals & the gasket. I found that it had no oil so I filled it up and took the tractor for a spin. Everything went fine. I only noticed a small leak around the Oil Seals. Next morning I go out and find that all the oil dripped out from the bottom.
Parts I ordered:
- Oil Seals (BX-BY) - Simplicity 2154269SM
- Permatex Ultra Black - This hopefully should work just fine for a gasket stand in.
What are some tips or suggestions to properly taking the seals out and fixing the gasket?
I'm genuinely worried about this part. While taking the left-rear tire off, I noticed it was moving freely (forward & back) without the axle moving. I found that the wheel hub wasn't tightly attached to the axle. Both bolts were loose and the keyway appeared to be sheared. I had to use a pully puller to remove the hub. I backed both the hub bolts out and found that they are stripped. The bolts need to be replaced and I need to retap the threads.
- The keyway wasn't sheared but was heavily damaged.
- The axle is also damaged. One of the hub bolts wore down a groove on the axle.
Hydraulic & Pump:
I've got this under control. Its' not that difficult to repack the cylinder and rebuild the pump. Ill be doing later during next month (october 2015) anyways.